1/2 ounce plastic bottles for carryon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.

I need to carry very small quantities of liquid medication for a skin condition. I've purchased them online through a company that manufactures them in the past, but need to replace them, and the cost is ridiculous (mainly shipping!!! from US to US). Does anyone have any suggestions where I could purchase them? (I'd even settle for 1/4 ounce size!)

thanks in advance,

RD
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I need to carry very small quantities of liquid medication for a skin condition. I've purchased them online through a company that manufactures them in the past, but need to replace them, and the cost is ridiculous (mainly shipping!!! from US to US). Does anyone have any suggestions where I could purchase them? (I'd even settle for 1/4 ounce size!)

thanks in advance,

RD
Not sure if there are any special requirements but Amazon has a lot of options from 0.5 oz to 3 oz TSA approved bottles. Some are highly rated although not all are. Many are under $10 and almost all are under $20 and that is usually for multiple bottles it looks like.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I will check again---I should mention the products I ordered weren't expensive but the shipping was--it was from the manufacturer. thanks for your quick response, gadget freak!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Muji has tons of options if there's one near you. It's a store I love to browse when I'm in a city that has one. Container store has options; I haven't been in a while so not sure if they have that small. And a craft store (like Michaels) might have options for you as well. I typically start at Amazon too, but wanted to throw out some B&M options in case you want to look/touch/feel.....Oh, bed bath & Beyond might as well. Flight 001 might not have anything that small.....Do you have a Daiso near you? They might have some (I am not sure that a standard American Dollar store would....)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:04 am

I second Muji. Inexpensive bottles in a few sizes, e.g. 50ml, 100ml. Check the opening is wide enough. Some have narrower opening. Also little spray bottles and pots for things such as creams.

And you're in luck if you're in San Jose (like your profile says).

Muji San Jose
170 S. Market St. Suite 120
San Jose, CA 95113

Mon – Sat 10:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.

Other US locations: http://info.muji.us/store-info/
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:50 am

Muji also has an adorable teeny tiny funnel if you need for decanting ;-) [sure, Amazon and other places do as well...] I love teeny tiny accessories. I have no idea why.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:13 pm

I use REI nalgene bottles for my liquids, they work great. They never leak, unlike other containers I've tried.

Dirt cheap also, if you go to your local REI to pick it up.

https://www.rei.com/product/402057/n...bottle-1-fl-oz

https://www.rei.com/product/896101/n...de-jar-1-fl-oz
brp1264 and Loren Pechtel like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Muji also has an adorable teeny tiny funnel if you need for decanting ;-) [sure, Amazon and other places do as well...] I love teeny tiny accessories. I have no idea why.
I also like Muji's pack of little plastic bags of varying sizes.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:31 am

Muji bottle options in US https://www.muji.us/store/health-bea...ner-cases.html

There are a few Daiso stores in the SF South Bay. Ichiban Kan in San Bruno Tanforan mall near SFO carries some of the Seria goods (a competing 100 yen store) and they have ~ 15-20ml squeeze-able bottles and occasionally also have a 5-8ml airless pump. Also check the lunch ware/cooking section as sauce bottles are typically 8-15ml.

One of my favorite travel jar makers is "Decojars" on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/str/decojars/Ot...ml?_storecat=1
They offer 1tsp/ 1/4 ounce jars with a knurled grip in assorted colors and circumference. A wider circumference is easier to get a finger into if the medication is semi-solid/gel.
The 0.5 tsp jar is adorably tiny though probably not suitable for liquid skincare unless you want individual packaging ~ 2.4ml each https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Super-MI...y/263937088968

Flacons, jars with hinged lids often used for cosmetic samples, are handy for heavy creams which won't ooze under pressurization. LiteSmith carries them in singles https://www.litesmith.com/hinge-top-containers/ and hinged jars usually weigh less than jars with twist off lids.

LiteSmith also carries bottles in a variety of plastics if your medication stores best in a specific type https://www.litesmith.com/packing/ and a variety of cap options, orifice reducer. You can check for the plastic type on your current bottle's recycling icon or guesstimate based on color and squishiness.

I also bought some new empty squeeze lip gloss tubes off eBay as they have an orifice reducer & cap with a prong which prevents gloss from oozing out. They usually come in 8ml, 10ml, 15ml. I store physical SPF cream in mine.

@Hoyaheel - I have a 1.5ml micro-centrifuge tube with o-ring in my toiletry kit. I don't work in a lab or in the medical field. At least I haven't tried sealing straws with a flat iron and decanting products into them (mostly because I have plenty of travel bottles in my travel stash).
Hoyaheel and GadgetFreak like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:51 am

@freecia - you're my hero!!! I'm about to go on a shopping spree for things I absolutely do not require but now crave intensely.....
GadgetFreak likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:14 am

Target sells them in store and online. From 0.5oz to 3oz travel jar/bottle.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
I second the Nalgene bottles as well - tough and they don't leak.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
I was just sent 3 of these by accident - https://www.maggardrazors.com/produc...empty-bottles/ .
They're 12ml (.4 oz) spray bottles. They're 40 to 50 cents each, depending on quantity. Shipping $3 to $4, again depending on quantity. For a 10 pack, total cost would be less than $8.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Another vote for Nalgenes. I pick them up at a local hardware store that has a variety of sizes for under a buck each.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Muji has tons of options if there's one near you. It's a store I love to browse when I'm in a city that has one. Container store has options; I haven't been in a while so not sure if they have that small. And a craft store (like Michaels) might have options for you as well. I typically start at Amazon too, but wanted to throw out some B&M options in case you want to look/touch/feel.....Oh, bed bath & Beyond might as well. Flight 001 might not have anything that small.....Do you have a Daiso near you? They might have some (I am not sure that a standard American Dollar store would....)
I think Container Store has some containers that small but the closure didn't strike me as all that secure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.