FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Products (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products-639/)
-   -   Anyone have experience with "LG Lucky Fiji" detergent sheets? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products/1956666-anyone-have-experience-lg-lucky-fiji-detergent-sheets.html)

Dianne47 Feb 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Anyone have experience with "LG Lucky Fiji" detergent sheets?

I'll be traveling to Europe in April with carry-on bags only. I'm always looking for in-room laundry options and ran across "LG Lucky Fiji" detergent sheets. The packaging seems ideal for carry-on travel, my upcoming trip is 5 weeks so doing laundry is a must. The product is dissolvable paper-looking sheets, one sheet for a machine load, half a sheet for in-sink washing. It's not easy to find non-liquid laundry detergent for travel, which is why this product caught my eye. The packaging is 15 sheets per ziplock-type flat bag, ideal for carry-on travel. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this product?

The information indicates the sheets have a "lemon-lavender" scent, I'm sensitive to scented detergents so am reluctant to purchase if the scent is strong and lingers in clothing after drying. Thanks for any input regarding this product.

A similar "dry" laundry product is the "Eco Nuts" (on Shark Tank quite a while ago). Those might be another option. Any comments on those?

"LG Lucky Fiji"

TheMadBrewer Feb 17, 2019 4:41 pm

I've had very good luck with They come in a fragrance free version. I use them with sink laundry (usually with my ) or at a laundromat. I've even used them at home the I've run out of regular laundry detergent. I put a few in zip lock bag before each trip. I end up tearing them into little pieces which helps them, well, dissolve better. I bought mine direct from the mfg but the price seems the same on Amazon.

Dianne47 Feb 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Thanks, themadbrewer, the Dizolve product didn't show up in my amazon search, although I found it through your link. It's only sold in large quantity, 160 sheets for $36±. I'll have to think about spending that much as I like the liquid "free" detergents I use now for at home. It would take me forever to use 160 sheets while traveling. I appreciate your information.

LAXlocal Feb 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Are there any small bags of detergent for smaller loads that would be like the sheets ?

MSPeconomist Feb 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Isn't Woolite liquid or powder the standard?

DragonSoul Feb 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Do a practice wash with the sheets on some old t-shirts, towels. See how they are.

hipquest Feb 17, 2019 9:33 pm

White vinegar is an excellent substitute for laundry detergent. IME it is easy to find. My trips are US and Europe.