Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Should I go with Rimowa Essential or Essential S?

Old Jan 15, 19, 11:02 am
Original Poster

What would you do?
Old Jan 19, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
What’s the Essential S?

There is only the Lite and Hybrid that I can see.
Old Jan 20, 19, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
What’s the Essential S?

There is only the Lite and Hybrid that I can see.
Probably Sleeve... the one with the soft side pocket. IMHO, those look really strange to me... but maybe practical if you need to pull out a laptop or something?
Old Jan 20, 19, 1:40 pm

If you're referring to the Essential collection where one has a sleeve vs one doesn't...thoughts below. If you're referring to the Essential Cabin vs Essential Cabin S -- then I recommend the standard Essential as it's slightly bigger with more space.

Really depends on your travel style/preference. Personally, I always have a personal item in addition to my carry on (e.g., a book bag/briefcase for work) that I can store my laptop/other necessities) so I don't find a need for the sleeve on the luggage.

If you'd like the convenience of the sleeve to quickly access your laptop or whatever slim, non-bulky item you have during travel and don't want to fit in your personal item, then go for the Essential Sleeve. Otherwise, an outside sleeve on a Rimowa takes away from the "true" Rimowa look.

Cheers!

Last edited by worldtrotter9210; Jan 20, 19 at 5:50 pm Reason: Added more information to my answer.
Old Feb 22, 19, 2:20 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
So it's the Bolero of old?

Honestly I don't like it, but there is conveniences like you can slip some earphones or your passport in there if you don't carry a backpack of some sort. I don't like them because they ruin the clean look I like about a Rimowa suitcase, also too many people stuff the front with so much crap.
Old Feb 22, 19, 5:31 am

Programs: M/M
Essential.

If you want pockets, bring a separate personal item.

Search this Thread