Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Matching carry on and bag

Old Jan 14, 19, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

I've gotten to that stage in life when sensible packing flies out the window and I can afford to treat myself to something nice. I was at an airport hotel a few days back and the Emirates crew coach dropped off their crew and all the girls had similar matching luggage to Qatar's below. My question is how does one purchase this or something similar? I've checked out out a few local shops but can't find anything. I don't think I'm using the right search words on Google either or I'd have seen something of interest. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you.

Old Jan 14, 19, 6:49 pm

I think Emirates Crew luggage are company issued. The check-in looks likes Samsonite Oyster 29"? I think the carry on is a TravelPro 22"? Hard to tell from Google pics.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 7:54 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Check out this site @Lizie It may help: https://crewoutfitters.com/default/p...s/luggage.html
Lizie likes this.
Old Jan 15, 19, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Need and Madone59, very useful. I've found a couple now but geez I didn't know these things were going to be so expensive. I'm going to have to do a bit more digging as the closest so far is this:

....but at GBP 545/700 USD it's a bit too steep for me. Or is that the going price now? Have been a cheapskate traveler for a long time
Old Jan 15, 19, 6:32 pm

Programs: QF CL
You could look at Bric’s, which has numerous options designed to coordinate within their various ranges (and ranges at different price points). Not sure if this will satisfy the budget, but B&R also offer coordinating items in some ranges. Longchamp too (pricey).

Away also do hand luggage that is designed to work with their rolling luggage (I have their Everywhere Bag, which I think is well designed and sits very well on any cabin trolley/spinner), but it doesn’t necessarily “match” in the sense that I think you might mean. Still could be worth a look.

HTH
Lizie likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baghoarder View Post
You could look at Bric’s, which has numerous options designed to coordinate within their various ranges (and ranges at different price points). Not sure if this will satisfy the budget, but B&R also offer coordinating items in some ranges. Longchamp too (pricey).

Away also do hand luggage that is designed to work with their rolling luggage (I have their Everywhere Bag, which I think is well designed and sits very well on any cabin trolley/spinner), but it doesn’t necessarily “match” in the sense that I think you might mean. Still could be worth a look.

HTH
Thank you. Very nice and will have to save a bit more but I'm quite taken with their carry on luggage. Also there is a nice 12% off with Qatar offer as well!
Old Jan 21, 19, 5:29 pm

I have a nice matching set by Victorinox in red. The roller bag was bought years before the sit on top piece but they are a perfect match. The luggage is very well made and I've used it for flights all over the US, sad part is I'd like something new(maybe in pink) but can't justify the purchase since these are looking as good as they do.

Search this Thread