Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Trip to Paris.. want to treat wife to new luggage for xmas

Old Dec 10, 18, 10:46 am
Original Poster

We are a carry-on only family. I want to buy her a carry-on and a 'personal item' bag. Considering buying her the combo of:

Briggs Spinner

Pacsafe backpack

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 10, 18, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scdavis0 View Post
We are a carry-on only family. I want to buy her a carry-on and a 'personal item' bag. Considering buying her the combo of:

Briggs Spinner

Pacsafe backpack

Any suggestions?
Sorry Briggs Spinner link here
Old Dec 11, 18, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
How well do you know her preferences and how particular is she about her own luggage? My husband knows my preferences pretty well after 20 years together, but knows NOT to buy me luggage because I'm finicky about what I might like/not like. Maybe you could do a shopping trip together (or, online?) [we don't do gifts in our family, because we both tend to be particular AND just buy what we want when we see a good deal ;-)]

I like B&R but I hate spinners. My luggage often needs to go somewhere other than a smooth airport or airplane hallway, so I prefer 2 large "awd" wheels and not small spinny wheels. That backpack looks sleek - which I like - but I always worry about how much padding is involved because it can annoy me.

See? I'm a cranky wench. If your wife is easier to please, go for it ;-)
here and there likes this.
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:09 pm

Programs: US Gold
I'd agree with that. Take her shopping with you so she gets something she's happy with.

wg
Old Dec 24, 18, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, La Quinta, BW
Too late for this year's Christmas, but I'm with Hoyaheel, very finicky about luggage and wouldn't want anyone else choosing bags for me. That being said, if you buy at a local luggage store then items can be returned or exchanged.

I do think a Pacsafe backpack as a personal item is a very good choice. On international trips I take a Pacsafe 28L backpack as my personal item, so I don't have to worry when walking to and from my hotel. I also use a Pacsafe crossbody purse or very small backpack when traveling to big cities, no worries about casual pickpockets opening zippers on my bag.

Search this Thread