Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa needed in the UK (scam website offering 80 discount?)

Old Dec 4, 18, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Hi all,

I'm trying to get hold of some Rimowa luggage, and have used koffer24 in the past.

However, I came across www.reedsa.com earlier today, and their pricing seems unreal - and I'm now trying to decide whether my gut feeling is correct.

The website has a phone number, which links to Bergman Luggage, but I haven't given them a call yet to ask if they're aware of reedsa.

The WHOIS info shows a godaddy website, but so do many websites.

Does anyone have any thoughts, and more importantly suggestions of how to get some sensibly priced Rimowa cases in the UK?

Safe travels,

M
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:21 am

Programs: M/M
I would not purchase from this website.

The max discount I have seen authorized or former-authorized dealers was 20% off MSRP with a max discount of 45% less VAT and paid in cash.

If it sound too good to be true...

What models are you looking for?
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by hornillas1 View Post
I would not purchase from this website.

The max discount I have seen authorized or former-authorized dealers was 20% off MSRP with a max discount of 45% less VAT and paid in cash.

If it sound too good to be true...

What models are you looking for?
I've been looking for a large Essential Lite case (just waiting for my friend to let me know what size she wants, but likely either the 67cm or 78cm.

M
Old Dec 9, 18, 12:43 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
It would be interesting to call. My guess would be they've never heard of reedsa.com or they'll tell you it's a spoof site.

Search this Thread