Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

2018 Rimowa is a huge step backwards

2018 Rimowa is a huge step backwards

Old Aug 1, 19, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by hornillas1 View Post
I have not yet made my way to the middle east locations, but I do like the theme!

Well done!
At the Rimowa Boutique [email protected] the Dubai mall they had just got in the very first iPhone Covers made of aluminum to look like the aluminum luggage and i said I will take it and to find out they only are for the iPhone 10 and up.. They had all kinds of Dubai Special Addition pieces in Aluminum with Stickers on them too. I told the sales guy, if I buy these stickers USD$85.00 worth, he and his colleague have to mount them. Same full retail price in Dubai, however I got the tax 5% back at the airport right on the spot. They make is super mega easy to get your tax refund back.

Old Dec 12, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
I've been a Rimowa owner for years (with 6 cases in total) and have NEVER had any issues, however my most recent case (a Hybrid Cabin XL) has the cheapest velcro on the inside separators that I have ever seen. It just doesn't hold at all! The big difference is that they have changed the top portion to be made out of plastic and the plastic just doesn't stick to the velcro bottom sewn on the actual separators. Anyone else having this issue? Quick Google search brings this up. Point #6 is what I am having issues with:

https://www.gracefuldegrade.com/2018...-topas-models/

Last edited by christianj; Dec 12, 19 at 7:32 am
Old Jan 21, 20, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
AA broke mine, huge dent last Xmas journey and wheel off

They replaced with the new model and just arrived, hate it does not have the add-a-bad strap, I used it to attach my cabin Tumi or Rimowa when I check-in the original L. Not any more it seems...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: