Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Favourite laptop back pack for flights

Favourite laptop back pack for flights

Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
My wife got me a timbuk2 messenger bag for Christmas 3 years ago. Its been my daily and travel bag ever since. I hope they dont ever stop makin it because I will keep buying new ones if this one ever wears out. Looks good for business, and fits under every seat. Super fast to take the laptop out for travel in foreign countries.

https://www.timbuk2.com/products/174...12734004035626
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by bballdad175
My wife got me a timbuk2 messenger bag for Christmas 3 years ago. Its been my daily and travel bag ever since. I hope they dont ever stop makin it because I will keep buying new ones if this one ever wears out. Looks good for business, and fits under every seat. Super fast to take the laptop out for travel in foreign countries.

https://www.timbuk2.com/products/174...12734004035626
I have multiple Timbuk2 messengers, although not that model. I doubt it will ever wear out.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I have a Wenger something-or-other that my work provided me almost two years ago. Looks pretty much like a college backpack, but...fits my laptop, accessories, medicines, sundries, whatever I might need onboard, and is large enough to pack a fleece or rainjacket in. It fits under airline seats...barely but it does. It does the job...but, it also has one of the mesh outer pockets ripped, a corner by my back worn through, and worst of all, there are some grommets that have been peeled up by the underside of an airline seat and I've gashed my hand open on two separate occasions because they're razor-sharp.

So I want a business-looking pack that can hold all of that stuff, including a light jacket. I was looking at the Ebags Professional line...any thoughts?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended

I have a more seasoned one that has not appeared, but rather it's bomb-verification for sturdiness
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Travlur
I love the Minaal daily: https://www.minaal.com/collections/a...=7864861196340
Been all over the world with it, it fits under every seat, and I've never been questioned on using it as a personal item. Used it almost every day (travel and work) for a year and a half. Has great organisation too.
Concept of this bag is good. Problem is - in the context of flights - it does not have a luggage pass-through strap.

I have something very similar, offered through amazon as Wiwu convertible bag (also sold as Evecase, and theres a similar one branded CoolBELL).... its heathered-gray nylon so looks decently discreet. Wouldve been better as actual twill/canvas/cloth in earth tones.

That's as good as I can find in the useful & comfort space without looking like a college student at an electronics convention. i.e. Swissgear type bags
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Love my Minaal Daily. Also have an Aer Flight Pack (v1) that I like a lot, but the Minaal just feels slightly higher quality.
I have the same two bags and agree with you. I also find the organization and access a little better (with the clamshell opening) in the Minaal.
infamousdx likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I have a monster sized laptop. Wanted a bag to hold it and a few clothes for quick trips that would fit on a regional jet. When I looked at any of the others one I put my laptop in, there was little room.i have a giant MSI.

bought a small Sierra its more like duffel with straps but when sinched tight it easily fit in the Overhead of a cr 90. Downside you want to put ur laptop in a sleeve since it has no dedicated sleeve

hope that was useful

It was cheap expandable and will hook on my roller with a little luck.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:42 pm

I just got back from traveling around Europe and loved the Arcido Faroe that I used for the first time.

https://www.arcido.com/products/faroe?ref=597f2aa043c33
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by powerlifter
I have the Everki premium backpack. www.everki.com. It holds a lot of stuff and will fit on your rollaboard bag. Travel with it all over the world.
Same here. I've had a really good experience with this bag .

I have to say, though, that the Nomatic backpack and travel pack look really good also.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Another vote for Everki.

I have the Concept Premium, which wasn't cheap, but they do have other cheaper options.

It has great features, nice orange interior for contrast, and the styling and leather touches are very nice.

https://www.everki.com/products1/bac...to-17-3-detail
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:02 pm

Just received this one and thought I would add it to the discussion:
https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/...ackpack/318268
I have the graphite one.

A long time ago I had seen some Ebags bags in person and wasn't impressed, so I stayed away from the brand. This one is on sale for $69, and I am pretty impressed with it for the price. It is about the same size as my Minaal Daily bag, but it has the luggage handle pass-thru that also works both vertically and horizontally. The quality is better than I expected for the price. I still prefer the organization of the Minaal and clamshell opening, as this one only opens on 2 sides. It has flush grab-handles on both the top and side.
I'll be using it on a trip for the first time next week, we'll see how it does. So far though it seems like a great option for the price.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:30 pm

Ive recently started to have to travel with 2 laptops. Thinkpads, but for reference anything that is good with 2 15 macbook pros would be good.

Any my suggestions for this use case? I have an older eagle creek backpack, but the straps arent very supportive, and once I add some noise cancelling headphones a water bottle and maybe a sweater its stuffed. So am in the lookout for something new. The one upside to this bag is that even full it fits under the seat and leaves a bit of room for my legs.

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by Jason26ca
Ive recently started to have to travel with 2 laptops. Thinkpads, but for reference anything that is good with 2 15 macbook pros would be good.

Any my suggestions for this use case? I have an older eagle creek backpack, but the straps arent very supportive, and once I add some noise cancelling headphones a water bottle and maybe a sweater its stuffed. So am in the lookout for something new. The one upside to this bag is that even full it fits under the seat and leaves a bit of room for my legs.

Thanks
Tom Bihn Brain Bag with 2x laptop caches.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:00 pm

I have been rocking the Goruck GR1 and love that bag. It is superb for traveling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.