Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Just a little bigger than the Red Oxx Gator?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage

The Gator is 12"L x 6"W x 9"H which is almost perfect due to various personal item size restrictions but I would need a 14"L while the other two is just fine. Does this exist? Doesn't need to be Red Oxx but some respectable brand would be nice -- but I must say I love Red Oxx bags. I have the CPA which is too big (and a customized Sky Train which is not even in the same league).

If we go throwaway quality then 5 cities has a 16x10x6 which is OK size wise but .. um I don't trust a 18 USD bag

The smallest dimension must be 6" less won't be enough and more will make Air Canada unhappy. The second is 9-10 to keep United happy (in the far future when I am comfortable again flying to/from the USA). The third is similarly limited to be 14-16. It's really specific. I have a lightweight but really important 8" x 4" x 13.5 " item and then the usual small knick knacks which are handy to be in the personal item instead of big ... Sky Train on my back.

Last edited by chx1975; Aug 9, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Have you looked at Tom Bihn. He makes some great bags. I have a few myself. I also use red oxx products.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

I went from the Gator to the Tom Bihn Co Pilot. Perfect for me. If you want larger look at the Pilot.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I now have an entire menu Lots of personal item backpacks -- winner is Wandrd Prvke 21

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.