Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Water bottle for travel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Occasionally, I will reuse bottled water plastic bottles one time. A few brands have thicker plastic and don't crush easily.
LiveOak likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
I carry a 20oz Hydro Flask coffee bottle (20 Ounce wide mouth with a coffee sip lid). It gives me the option to buy coffee at the airport and keep it warm for the whole flight (exceptions for long-hauls 10+ hours) or ice and water or other cold drink for just as long.

The way I see it, I can get bottled water in-flight, so I'm not concerned with a refill at that point (just avoid the coffee and tea in-flight since that comes from the onboard potable supply that is somewhat questionable, IMO).

If I'm flying in the summer, a 21oz narrow mouth bottle also works great. I have a larger 32 oz HF with a flip-up straw lid that I also sometimes carry, but that does get to be unweildy after a while. (and the 20 and 20oz bottles I can usually store in the seat-back pocket on most aircraft I fly on.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:32 am
Community Director Emerita

20 oz Hydro Flask with straw lid. I don't use the internal straw. I use a lot of ice and it is very easy to fill without that straw. I love this specific lid because it has a loop that makes it super easy to carry by a finger. When the straw part of the lid is flipped closed, it seals perfectly. I'm now taking my Hydro Flask on trips to use on the plane, in the hotel, in the car, anywhere I might be.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Contigo Autoseal Chill 24 Oz.

Easy one handed drinking, doesn't leak, has a flap cover to keep the drink area from touching other stuff, and is well insulated to keep water cold - I can leave water in my car on a hot day and it is still drinkable a few hours later.

Only $15 at Walmart and available in various color choices.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:11 am

i've got both this guy
THIS THIS
and also https://www.hydroflask.com/40-oz-wide-bottle/color,black,a,92,o,20. The 2nd one was my 'copilot' when i flew from WAS to BDL for 2 days of camping...and drive from upstate New York to Montreal and a day trip to Quebec City...and then return from BDL to WAS. I used to have those nalgene plasticy bottles, but didn't keep hot liquids very well. Either of the 2 flasks i link above would be perfect for long flights and/or drives...
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Duplicate

Last edited by bballdad175; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BLG
Whatever plastic water bottle I buy from a shop near the gate in whatever airport I'm in. Nice light plastic. I don't want the extra weight or size and easier to stow during the flight.
+1

anything else is just overthinking it

source: 50-60 flights a year, mostly international
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I have an awesome Mizu 750ml stainless insulated flask...keeps things hot or cold forever. And it's just too darn big. Too big to stow in seat pockets, too big for my backpack, just too big.

So I picked up a no-name stainless insulated 16 or 20oz mug at the airport gift shop for $12 and keep filling it from fill stations at the airport(s). Works great, AND has my hometown on it!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:14 pm

This may be odd, but I would find a hydra flask with flat sides useful. I would like to be able to put mine on its side and not have it roll off, or start to.
crp5 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.