Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Packing a Suit - Briggs & Riley U119CX

Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

I recently started traveling for work and am looking to pack a carry-on suit in the Briggs and Riley U119CX, which does not come with a garment bag insert. I am hoping to avoid bringing a larger suitcase that I would like to check in. Does anyone have tips for packing a suit inside the Briggs and Riley U119CX?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by cornellalum
I recently started traveling for work and am looking to pack a carry-on suit in the Briggs and Riley U119CX, which does not come with a garment bag insert. I am hoping to avoid bringing a larger suitcase that I would like to check in. Does anyone have tips for packing a suit inside the Briggs and Riley U119CX?
I have the same bag and it's a favorite. Here's a link on how to fold a suit to fit in one.

How To Pack a Suit Brooks Brothers
cornellalum likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: *G
Dedicated garment bags and other suit-specific packing implements are mostly superfluous.

My suits and sportcoats that are worsted wool, flannel wool, cotton, linen, cotton-linen, tweeds, silk blends, all different weights and weaves... I just pack em normally and they never wrinkle unduly.

Trousers are trousers - 2 folds like any other pants.
Jackets - I like to invert 1 sleeve, and slide that sleeve into the other. Then fold jacket length wise.

But really you can do any which way you want. So long as you arent compressing everything to an inch of its life, its not going to crease. Worst case scenario, wools will breathe and "relax" if introduced to some steam
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much folks. Traveling next week and now I'm comfortable bringing the U119CX so I don't have to deal with checked luggage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.