Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rolex Watches @ Airports anyone..?

Rolex Watches @ Airports anyone..?

Old Jul 9, 18, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist
Talking

Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
Become friendly with an independent AD, not a mall chain like Ben Bridge or BBB.

Deals and discounts can be found once you build a relationship.
^
I recently visited a Rolex retailer in Paris where I bought my first watch (GMT II 'Pepsi') a few years ago and inquired about another model (Datejust) on behalf of a friend.
I was quoted 10% off retail (and full VAT refund as non-EU resident).

Also, I got a good deal on a Daytona SS at a store in Barcelona by paying cash (using 500 euros notes).
Old Jul 10, 18, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zip10001 View Post
^
I recently visited a Rolex retailer in Paris where I bought my first watch (GMT II 'Pepsi') a few years ago and inquired about another model (Datejust) on behalf of a friend.
I was quoted 10% off retail (and full VAT refund as non-EU resident).

Also, I got a good deal on a Daytona SS at a store in Barcelona by paying cash (using 500 euros notes).
What is a PEPSI Rolex..? is that one of there new models now in the lineup..?
Old Jul 10, 18, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
What is a PEPSI Rolex..? is that one of there new models now in the lineup..?
It is the GMT II with blue & red bezel (same colors as the PEPSI can, hence the nickname).

Below a picture from google [not my actual watch]

Last edited by zip10001; Jul 10, 18 at 9:47 am Reason: image
Old Jul 12, 18, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by car_wash_guy View Post
In case you aren't aware, there is a massive worldwide shortage of many Rolex models.
Sure seems like it. I asked in Sydney, HK, looked in Tokyo I think too and all the Rolex stores were cleaned out of new Submariner models when I was through that part of the world last month.
​​​​​​
Old Jul 12, 18, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Sure seems like it. I asked in Sydney, HK, looked in Tokyo I think too and all the Rolex stores were cleaned out of new Submariner models when I was through that part of the world last month.
​​​​​​
I see many and I mean many Subs forsale here in the STATES in Solid Gold forsale and DavidSW and Jomashop have loads of them if you want to step up and pay...
Old Jul 12, 18, 4:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
I see many and I mean many Subs forsale here in the STATES in Solid Gold forsale and DavidSW and Jomashop have loads of them if you want to step up and pay...
No need to rush as I already own one, but was just commenting on the lack of them in the airport stores.
Old Jul 12, 18, 8:09 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
There is a significant difference in pricing (and consequently in demand) between the base steel models (which are almost always sold out) and the solid gold models, which is far too much bling - and of course hurts the pocket too much - for your average Rolex-wearer, and are therefore of course still sitting on store shelves.
Old Jul 13, 18, 12:27 am
Original Poster

I bought this one the other day The Rolex Daytona in Solid Rose Gold with Chocolate Dial ..Great looking watch..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: