Wiki Posts
Search

Crew 11 vs Maxlite 5 25" spinner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Jet Blue
Crew 11 vs Maxlite 5 25" spinner

Hello all. This is my very first post. I'm in the market for a new ~25" spinner and I'm caught between the Crew 11 and Maxlite 5. The Crew 11 is almost $100 more than the Maxlite 5 on Amazon. I know the Crew has a bit harder siding compared to the Maxlite and I'm tending towards that one for protection of contents, but that worth $100 more? I do maybe up to 6 flights per year so not that much compared to frequent flyers, but I'd like to know my suitcase will last me some years to come. I'm replacing a 15+ year TravelPro roll aboard that is almost 13 lbs! But it's stood up well to a good amount of abuse.

I tried searching the net for comparisons of these, but came up dry and found this forum...

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

TIA.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by asaisbhan
Hello all. This is my very first post. I'm in the market for a new ~25" spinner and I'm caught between the Crew 11 and Maxlite 5. The Crew 11 is almost $100 more than the Maxlite 5 on Amazon. I know the Crew has a bit harder siding compared to the Maxlite and I'm tending towards that one for protection of contents, but that worth $100 more? I do maybe up to 6 flights per year so not that much compared to frequent flyers, but I'd like to know my suitcase will last me some years to come. I'm replacing a 15+ year TravelPro roll aboard that is almost 13 lbs! But it's stood up well to a good amount of abuse.

I tried searching the net for comparisons of these, but came up dry and found this forum...

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

TIA.
Which did you go with? I have the same question.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Jet Blue
Lol... I completely forgot about this thread... I ended up going with the Maxlite 4 actually. 25" spinner. I can't remember why I went with the "4" instead of the "5" though ....Got it on Amazon for $110. It's only made 5 flights so far and has made it through that. The blue is very noticeable on the carousel.. (that I don't have to be bending and watching every black suitcase that goes by).. The sides are soft sided... But it keeps its shape and did a good job of protecting my contents. I carried back a jig saw plus other tools on one trip, then an impact hammer and more tools on another.. Lol.. There is one slight scuff mark on the front that's only slightly noticeable. I figured I would take my chances with the cheaper option and give it a run, given that I don't travel that much. The zippers, internal and external as well as the spinners are fine so far... I should get a few more years out of it I suspect. HTH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.