Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

What to apply to squeaking wheels on Rimowa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to apply to squeaking wheels on Rimowa?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Question What to apply to squeaking wheels on Rimowa?

Hi all
My Rimowa salsa wheels are squeaking when moving slowly (when I'm rolling the suitcase at normal speed the squeak goes away). I believe WD-40 isn't right to apply onto the wheels - any other suggestions?
Thanks
Old May 20, 2018, 10:01 am

I don't know what the wheels are made of, but WD40 contains light oil - which could potentially attack some plastics.
Dry graphite is probably the safest bet. That's where I'd start. Or if you want something "wet", maybe use a little silicone spray lubricant. Both available from any hardware store near door locks & keys.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
I don't own that but I took a look at some pics. It looks like there's a little cap in the center of the wheel? You may be able to pop that off to get directly at the wheel bearing. That will probably work better than spraying something and hoping it leaks past the cap and into the bearing. My first impulse would be to use boat trailer grease for metal to metal, and Sil-Glide for anything involving plastic or rubber. But e-mailing Rimowa and seeing if they have a suggested lubricant or instructions on how to do it available would probably be a safer bet.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Dry lubricant from any cycle shop will work. I apply that around the small cap on the side of the wheels, roll it backwards and forwards a few times to distribute.

Or walk through the luggage shop in Düsseldorf airport and pretend you are looking for something. The regular lady there will pick up on the squeak and offer to lube you up, that has worked several time for me!
Old May 28, 2018, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Dry graphite is the Devil!

Just wait for it to get wet, and it will be a mess. Silicon spray, or possibly Tri-Flow. Never WD40.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.