Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Kirkland Signature (Costco) 4 Wheel Spinner - Does it fit!

Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Recently I decided it was time to retire my trusty Delsey roller that lasted around 20 years. It was getting to be too big to fit in most of the sizers. Due more to the added protection from the additional plastic "skids" on the back of the bag.

After extensive research i settled on the Kirkland Signature 22" Spinner at Costco. Didn't really want the spinner but with the current first use rebate at Google Express and the $20 Amex Credit available on my SPG card I thought it would be a good choice.

(Google Express is 20% off first order online and 25% off in the app. Amex Credit is under savings but it expires soon. YMMV as not everyone gets the same offers.)

The bag arrived the next day and it looks good and only time will tell how durable it will be but Costco stands behind their products so I am not that worried.

My biggest concern with buying a new bag is would it fit in the sizers of most of the airlines I travel on.

Off to the airport to test it out. Short version...it fit everything except Air Transat. Delta didn't have a sizer out but based on the other tries at 22X14X9 I don't expect any issues.

The posted size is 22X14X9.5. In most cases I just had to make sure the wheels were pointed the right way and ease the pocket side of the bag in. Overstuffed or expanded it won't fit.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:16 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ken98230
<snip>

Recently I decided it was time to retire my trusty Delsey roller that lasted around 20 years. It was getting to be too big to fit in most of the sizers. Due more to the added protection from the additional plastic "skids" on the back of the bag.

After extensive research i settled on the Kirkland Signature 22" Spinner at Costco. Didn't really want the spinner but with the current first use rebate at Google Express and the $20 Amex Credit available on my SPG card I thought it would be a good choice.

(Google Express is 20% off first order online and 25% off in the app. Amex Credit is under savings but it expires soon. YMMV as not everyone gets the same offers.)

The bag arrived the next day and it looks good and only time will tell how durable it will be but Costco stands behind their products so I am not that worried.

My biggest concern with buying a new bag is would it fit in the sizers of most of the airlines I travel on.

Off to the airport to test it out. Short version...it fit everything except Air Transat. Delta didn't have a sizer out but based on the other tries at 22X14X9 I don't expect any issues.

The posted size is 22X14X9.5. In most cases I just had to make sure the wheels were pointed the right way and ease the pocket side of the bag in. Overstuffed or expanded it won't fit.
Great post! It's nice to see pictures of the bag actually in the sizers. I may have to consider it. My issue is with the weight, but I suppose that one has to trade-off weight vs durability. For instance, the Tumis and B&Rs all seem to be relatively heavy compared to the like of Travelpro's maxlite line.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:52 pm

Man, we need more posts like this one. Great job! I'd love to see if it fit in British Airways' sizer though.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:58 pm

Thank you!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, AS MVP
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, it is extremely helpful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.