Wiki Posts
Search

Fake Tumi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Fake Tumi

Hi
I have been offered a used Tumi carry-on at a reasonable price. However, after googling internet and looking through ebay, I cannot find any similar TUMI bag. That is why I am beginning to wonder if it could be fake? Can anyone please look at the attached pictures and give me their opinion on if this is a original Tumi and if so what model? The seller has descibed the bag as both "Tumi Blue Continental Expandable Carry-On Bag" and "TUMI Medium Trip Expandable 2-Wheeled Packing Case"

Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjonil
Hi
I have been offered a used Tumi carry-on at a reasonable price. However, after googling internet and looking through ebay, I cannot find any similar TUMI bag. That is why I am beginning to wonder if it could be fake? Can anyone please look at the attached pictures and give me their opinion on if this is a original Tumi and if so what model? The seller has descibed the bag as both "Tumi Blue Continental Expandable Carry-On Bag" and "TUMI Medium Trip Expandable 2-Wheeled Packing Case"
I had one more photo
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: M/M
Easiest way to verify is the Tumi Tracer ID number provided on the inside of the case.

Calling the Tumi Tracer Number hotline, the representative will be able to tell you if the Tracer ID matches the on-file design and description in their database.

This will include all designs and models since the program's inception. This model should, if real, be easily identified this way.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:09 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
TGTBT = Fake or stolen
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:16 am
Original Poster

After asking for the tracer ID I did not get any reply, so it was probably TGTBT.
Thank you for your assistance!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
This looks like the 2 wheel super-legere international that they discontinued a few years ago. How much were they asking for it?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYTA
This looks like the 2 wheel super-legere international that they discontinued a few years ago. How much were they asking for it?
They were asking approximately USD50 - and the bag is supposed to have been used only once.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:20 pm

Not a Tumi expert, but the condition looks far more than a "one time" user unless it was put through the ringers..
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by pwmcmaho
Not a Tumi expert, but the condition looks far more than a "one time" user unless it was put through the ringers..
On one around the world trip maybe, but not one time by the looks of it.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EP, TAM Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
I have

Hi

i have the same tumi luggage, I bought at a futucares store 9years agora. Look original same as mine .
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
They were asking approximately USD50 - and the bag is supposed to have been used only once.
That's 100% been used, and used heavily. I have a Tumi backpack that is my go-to carry-on/personal item and it is still brand-new despite over well over 100 flights and numerous other excursions. Look at the backside - it's been in and out of trunks and overhead bins a bunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.