Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Coscto Luggage Comparison: Travelpro "Aerownd" vs Kirkland 22" Spinner

So I am in the market for a new carryon, and narrowed it down to 3 bags:
1) Kirkland Signature Softside 22" 2 Wheel Carry-On
2) Travelpro Aerowind Softside 22" 2 Wheel Carry-On
3) Kirkland Signature Softside 22" Spinner Carry-On

Unfortunately, my local Costco does not have the Kirkland 22" 2 wheel carryon in stock, so I was only able to compare the Travelpro with the Kirkland Spinner. However, I will use the online details to compare Kirkland's 2wheeler with the Travelpro.

Height - both bags are exactly the same, especially if you measure from wheel to the top of the bag.
Depth - the travelpro is just a fraction smaller than the kirkland
Width - About the same
Volume - Travelpro wins, with 3087 cubic inch compared to Kirkland's 2686
Zippers - Same, although I did like how much larger the zipper grips were on the Travelpro
Handles - Nicer on the Travelpro with leather accenting. The Kirland handles were rubber, not necessarily a bad thing since they were quite grippy
Wheels - This was the toughest to gauge, and I would argue it is a tie. Both bags were silky smooth, and glided easily along the floor. A better comparison would be to compare the 2wheeler of each bag.
Extras: Kirkland comes with an RFID protector as well as laundry bag. Travelpro comes with a built-in dedicated suiter, removable luggage hook, and plastic pouch.

Cost: $99 for both, although Costco currently has a promotion in which you get $20 off the Kirkland (good until 12/24).

Due to the same external size and same cost, I went with the Travelpro, mainly because I wanted more space and a dedicated suiter. In addition, I felt the removable luggage hook and plastic pouch are far more useful than Kirkland's laundry bag and RFID protector.

I took pics, however, I cannot upload until I have more posts. I will update this thread when I can. Thanks for reading!

It's clear that the Travelpro has more space. In addition, the travelpro has a built in garment bag with padding, whereas the Kirkland does not. In addition, the travelpro also has a plastic pouch where toiletries can be stashed without worry of leakage onto clothes, as well as a mesh bag on the opposite side. The Kirkland does have mesh tie down panels.
Newbie2FT and ThatMisoGuy like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:59 pm

Thanks for the review.

I am curious to know why you prefer an integrated suiter to a removable one.
Are they perceived to be more durable or??

I’ve always preferred the ability to hang the suiter in a closet while not in transit but would honestly like to hear perspective from the other side.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Thanks for your comments. I haven't seen either of the bags but guess that the higher volume in the TravelPro is when the bag is expanded. I hope you like your purchase after using it for a while.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Forgot to update this thread with the pics like I promised. Hope this helps!

Kirland spinner on the left, Travelpro on the right.

Same dimensions overall

Travelpro dimensions.

Kirkland dimensions. The height is a bit misleading since it doesn't include the wheels.
Newbie2FT likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i'm also looking at the Aerowind vs the 2 wheel Kirkland costco...anybody got any input on which one is better..

Since OP bought the Aerowind..are you worried about the 22.9 in height and the typical 22in max carry on limit?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:13 pm

These bags seem to be further examples of ones that are all over typical 22 x 14 x 9 carry on limits (I just posted a thread rant/plea for help finding something under the limits). As the previous poster asked, have you considered the dimensions of these bags against the airlines you will fly with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.