Wiki Posts
Search

Best carry on (no suits)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Best carry on (no suits)

I'm looking to buy a new carry on spinner soft sided. 22X14X9. I prefer the zipper to be on top as opposed to the middle. I've been looking at the Briggs & Riley or a Tumi. I'm female and don't pack suits or jackets. The majority of my flights are AA domestic and Caribbean. I'm open to any brand and price is not a big factor. What would you choose?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by betonic
I'm looking to buy a new carry on spinner soft sided. 22X14X9. I prefer the zipper to be on top as opposed to the middle. I've been looking at the Briggs & Riley or a Tumi. I'm female and don't pack suits or jackets. The majority of my flights are AA domestic and Caribbean. I'm open to any brand and price is not a big factor. What would you choose?
I use either the BR 2 wheel (with expandable cabin bag docked) or Tumi alpha 2 4 wheel (with expandable laptop bag docked) depending on where I'm going.

Would suggest staying away from the "office" version of the Tumi... the extra pocket eats into interior space, which you'll need since the wheels and handle take up a good chunk of it already.

BR showed signs of wear very quickly, fasteners (specifically for the wheels) are terrible. I like the extra space on the interior though.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:07 am

I would say that if you're doing carry-on, you'll be the only person handling it (and not baggage handlers), so there's less of an issue of durability. As long as you're not too rough with it, I would just recommend buying the lightest one you can find, that looks good (to you).

I have some no brand carry-ons from 10 years ago that still look fine since i don't overpack them and it's never too heavy (usually weighs less than 10kg total). If you overpack them, zippers might break. If you put in too much weight, then wheels might break.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta - GM, Hilton - Diamond, National - EE
I have been rolling an Antler business series hard sided for the past six months. Hands down the best roller bag I have ever had. Excellent quality, 10 year warranty and it didn't break the bank at around $220.
seaskybound likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.