Wiki Posts
Search

Short Term US Health Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Short Term US Health Insurance

Situation: US Citizen, resident of HKG, currently fun-employed and traveling for a while. I have 1 year travel insurance that covers me for 3 month periods outside of HK (that number was hit today) and I don't think I'll be back in HK for at least a month or two so the policy can "renew" for another three months.

In essence I am here in the US traveling around without health insurance. Does anyone have any recommended insurance products for say 3-4 months for US Citizens that are foreign residents?

Apologies if this has been recently addressed. I could not find anything recent here... Many thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Short-term plans aren't my area of specialty but I do remember an ACA regulation maxing out at 90 days of coverage which could further complicate things for you. Being a US citizen but not a resident may complicate enrollment in a US based policy even more. I did do a search of what is possible and found a plan with a $2500 deductible for $320 but not 100% sure they can sell it to you or it would meet your needs.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Yoshi thanks for this. Complicating things is that I am in Maryland which has some funky regulations.. Otherwise the stuff I was pricing was similar to what you said above.

Time to find an insurance broker...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
The best type of insurance... cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.