Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travel pillow with firm support?

Old Aug 2, 17, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

I've tried the C shaped ones that go behind your neck and the Y or J shaped ones that you lean against (can't remember which it was called), but neither has worked for us for overnight flights.

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Aug 3, 17 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 3, 17, 1:45 pm

I have two:

A latex travel pillow that doesn't appear to still be available, but I think a similar latex pillow would be as firm. Note that this one is pretty heavy to carry around.

I also have this Therm-a-Rest travel pillow. Note that you really do need to wash and dry it to get it to puff up, but it does puff up and is quite firm.
Old Aug 4, 17, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
Try www.blankillow.com
Old Aug 4, 17, 2:43 pm
Community Director

I swear by this inflatable pillow. It's flat in the back so doesn't push the head forward. It has support on both sides of the head. It can be inflated to the comfort level you prefer. At the end of the flight, you expel the air and it packs very compactly in your bag. I've used pillows with this design for many years.
Old Aug 4, 17, 2:51 pm

I have a Tempurpedic Travel pillow. 16 x 10 x 4.
Very, very firm. In fact, most negative feedback about this pillow is that it's too firm. I like it though. They also make a neck version that's softer.
Old Nov 2, 17, 4:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
How on earth would you use the Tempurpedic travel neckpillow in a sitting position?? This http://a.co/41a1yQs here. I have it and love it but can't see how would it stay.

Search this Thread