Wiki Posts
Search

Old stock Rimowa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Old stock Rimowa

I'm looking for a Rimowa 2-wheel cabin trolley (preferably Limbo but Topas would do). I found they do not make them anymore in 2 wheels. I dislike the 4-wheel option for a variety of reasons.

Any tips to find new old stock on Rimowa? Besides ebay, etc? I found one 2-wheel Topas left at the Rodeo Drive store in LA but they didn't want to discount it and I was hoping for a Limbo...

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I'm looking for a Rimowa 2-wheel cabin trolley (preferably Limbo but Topas would do). I found they do not make them anymore in 2 wheels. I dislike the 4-wheel option for a variety of reasons.

Any tips to find new old stock on Rimowa? Besides ebay, etc? I found one 2-wheel Topas left at the Rodeo Drive store in LA but they didn't want to discount it and I was hoping for a Limbo...

Thanks in advance
I believe Rimowa still makes the 2-wheel Topas. It is still on their website and available at both the Lufthansa airport stores and the Kaufhof in Frankfurt. Price is right around €550 at both shops.

I have also seen the classic 2-wheel with leather handles at the Lufthansa shops, but it is not on the Rimowa website.

There are no other 2-wheels currently being produced by Rimowa.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

The LA store told me that the 2-wheel Topas was out of production. Of course they could have been wrong, however I can't find it online anywhere for sale. I certainly don't see it on the Rimowa site, how can I find it there?

I will stop by the Melbourne store today and see what they say.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:50 pm

You're right. They no longer appear on the Rimowa website. 1.5 months ago they were there. I am glad I got mine last month.

This was the picture that was on the website with the 2-wheel versions.

The 2-wheel is still available from Kaufhof here:
https://www.galeria-kaufhof.de/p/rim...4?v=1018605586

Or at LH World Shop here:
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product/...?p=qIU-3Pf8QRU
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Shame. No old stock in Melbourne (not much stock at all).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I wish they will make the kiddie version of the trolley. I wanted to get two of them for my kids (when I have kids).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Shame. No old stock in Melbourne (not much stock at all).
So if it was in stock and not discounted would it have been of interest to you? As you mentioned you could snag one in LA but no discount. I would think if you want one bad enough, you would just buy the one you had a chance to do..
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
So if it was in stock and not discounted would it have been of interest to you? As you mentioned you could snag one in LA but no discount. I would think if you want one bad enough, you would just buy the one you had a chance to do..
Yes I am a bit fickle, surely not the first shopper to be so. Yes if they had old stock at this point I would have purchased it at full price. I didn't in LA for two reasons: I thought if it was going obsolete there might be more stock out there at a discount, and I didn't want to drag it across the ocean. I would rather pick up locally.

Now that I have done some research I realize it will be more difficult to find one than I expected. I might just pick up the LA one in the end and have them ship it to me (if it is still there).

But hey, thanks for the completely unhelpful post! ^
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH still sells a two wheel alumimium version: https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product/...?p=fvAabFbNoLk

Weird that Rimowa is switching to 4 wheel only.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002

Weird that Rimowa is switching to 4 wheel only.
Yep, I don't understand this either. Wouldn't it be smart to keep one version of the 2-wheel around for those who won't buy a 4-wheel.

It's as if they are trying to convert us 2-wheelers to their ideology.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zeug
Yep, I don't understand this either. Wouldn't it be smart to keep one version of the 2-wheel around for those who won't buy a 4-wheel.

It's as if they are trying to convert us 2-wheelers to their ideology.
There is quite a few of old stock on hand as mentioned above, you just have to pony up if you want one bad enough...!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
There is quite a few of old stock on hand as mentioned above, you just have to pony up if you want one bad enough...!
Bought mine a few months back at the LH store in FRA. Glad I didn't try to shop it around. Cost was €549 and I got the 19% VAT back. Not a bad deal compared to the US prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.