New Red Oxx Shoulder Strap

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Red Oxx Shoulder Strap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
I think I would prefer the Optech strap as is. The Red Oxx buckle weighs a bit more, and I don't see a practical durability advantage. The Optech bag comes with metal clip hardware that look a lot like what is on my Brenthaven laptop bag. The Brenthaven bag has already survived ten years of weekday carry and no where near worn out though I did manage to wear a groove into each hook.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:52 am

Red Oxx New Shoulder Strap

Hello Fellow FlyerTalk Folks,

I can tell you first hand that there is not a scheduled release date for a new RO version of a S.O.S. Curve shoulder strap. We've been working on it for about a year now, getting hardware and final logistics set in place before it's release. This is in the pipeline, but just wanted to let everyone know that there is no set date as of yet. I do know first hand, as I'm an employee of the company and this is one of my projects. I'd like it to be released by now, but all good things come to those who wait. At least that's the saying anyhow. So stay tuned and check out redoxx.com, sign up for their newsletter for all the up to date information. Thanks for your time everyone and have a glorious day!

TheHerdsman86
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:42 am

TheHerdsman86, welcome to FT!

Can you please confirm the release timeline of an Aviator refresh (with a different aspect ratio)? Is there any other detail you can share? The Aviator bag update was mentioned on a different thread here on FT.

Thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHerdsman86
Hello Fellow FlyerTalk Folks,

I can tell you first hand that there is not a scheduled release date for a new RO version of a S.O.S. Curve shoulder strap. We've been working on it for about a year now, getting hardware and final logistics set in place before it's release. This is in the pipeline, but just wanted to let everyone know that there is no set date as of yet. I do know first hand, as I'm an employee of the company and this is one of my projects. I'd like it to be released by now, but all good things come to those who wait. At least that's the saying anyhow. So stay tuned and check out redoxx.com, sign up for their newsletter for all the up to date information. Thanks for your time everyone and have a glorious day!

TheHerdsman86
That's disappointing. When last I spoke with Jim, several weeks ago, he told me that the strap was just about finished and scheduled for a September release.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by AnalogMan
I think I would prefer the Optech strap as is. The Red Oxx buckle weighs a bit more, and I don't see a practical durability advantage. The Optech bag comes with metal clip hardware that look a lot like what is on my Brenthaven laptop bag. The Brenthaven bag has already survived ten years of weekday carry and no where near worn out though I did manage to wear a groove into each hook.

AnalogMan, thanks for the welcome to FT! The Aviator refresh is set to be launched the beginning of October from what I've been told. I'm not at liberty to share any additional details on it, but The Herd spoke and we listened. So keep yourself prepared for a great Aviator relaunch!

Skywalker505, although Jim may have said September was going to be the release date of the new shoulder strap, we're unfortunately still awaiting special hardware for it. So it is still in development at this point. I've been honing in on this for over a year now. They say all good things come to those that wait. It will be coming in the future, but after speaking with my production manager, we're still in limbo with it. Stay tuned for it's release and thanks for your feedback.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHerdsman86
AnalogMan, thanks for the welcome to FT! The Aviator refresh is set to be launched the beginning of October from what I've been told. I'm not at liberty to share any additional details on it, but The Herd spoke and we listened. So keep yourself prepared for a great Aviator relaunch!

Skywalker505, although Jim may have said September was going to be the release date of the new shoulder strap, we're unfortunately still awaiting special hardware for it. So it is still in development at this point. I've been honing in on this for over a year now. They say all good things come to those that wait. It will be coming in the future, but after speaking with my production manager, we're still in limbo with it. Stay tuned for it's release and thanks for your feedback.
The new Aviators will be proportioned differently - more rectangular than square and will have shoulder strap D-rings.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AA AC, HHonors Diamond
I may be interested in this. I appreciate the Air Boss for every type of trip, but the Claw can become a bit uncomfortable on long trips through the concourse (I'm looking at you, Charlotte, and that hike from terminal B to the far end of the E concourse to catch the commuter planes!!).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:10 pm

New Aviators are available

Hi Everyone,
I just noticed Red Oxx has a new website, and the new Aviators are available. The XS size seems exactly the same as before, except with addition of a D-ring on each side length-wise. Might be better for carrying, but I think I like D-rings being sewn onto the webbing for durability purposes.

All four bags now have different dimensions (previously XS and S were both 8"x11", and one is 15" while the other was 22", similarly M and L were both 14"x15" and had different lengths). In general it looks like a increase in height, and reduction in length, and in some cases reduction in width.

There is also only one picture for each bag, no close-ups so can't really tell how the D-ring is attached.

Price increased too, this is on top of the price increase I noticed about 5 months ago, so two price increases in a year. The D-ring may make the price increase justifiable.

I am glad to see the new design, but am happy with my previous versions, and somewhat glad I got them before they were discontinued and redesigned.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by AnalogMan
Hi Everyone,
I just noticed Red Oxx has a new website, and the new Aviators are available. The XS size seems exactly the same as before, except with addition of a D-ring on each side length-wise. Might be better for carrying, but I think I like D-rings being sewn onto the webbing for durability purposes.

All four bags now have different dimensions (previously XS and S were both 8"x11", and one is 15" while the other was 22", similarly M and L were both 14"x15" and had different lengths). In general it looks like a increase in height, and reduction in length, and in some cases reduction in width.

There is also only one picture for each bag, no close-ups so can't really tell how the D-ring is attached.

Price increased too, this is on top of the price increase I noticed about 5 months ago, so two price increases in a year. The D-ring may make the price increase justifiable.

I am glad to see the new design, but am happy with my previous versions, and somewhat glad I got them before they were discontinued and redesigned.
Wow, just checked on the new ROX site based on AnalogMan's point. Can't believe they are charging more *again* for the XS, and yes I too am glad I purchased my aviator bags before. Looks like they also got rid of the awesome mesh aviator bag which is really mindblowing, since it is a perfect gym and beach bag. Crazy.

If ROX wants to really become more "modern" (not saying they need to but it seems like they are making gestures) they should start exploring the new materials that have come out recently, XPAC, Dyneema, Cuben, start to go deep with lightweight. Just my thoughts.
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by vooadeer
Wow, just checked on the new ROX site based on AnalogMan's point. Can't believe they are charging more *again* for the XS, and yes I too am glad I purchased my aviator bags before. Looks like they also got rid of the awesome mesh aviator bag which is really mindblowing, since it is a perfect gym and beach bag. Crazy.

If ROX wants to really become more "modern" (not saying they need to but it seems like they are making gestures) they should start exploring the new materials that have come out recently, XPAC, Dyneema, Cuben, start to go deep with lightweight. Just my thoughts.
I like my carry-on bags to be utterly indestructible, unless the new materials are as strong as the current Cordura nylon I wouldn’t be happy about the weight/strength trade off.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:03 pm

New Red Oxx Long Hauler Strap

I am privileged to be the first customer to receive Red Oxx’s new Long Hauler padded shoulder strap with my new Air Boss. First impressions are entirely positive It has a well designed curved stretchy shoulder pad which fits perfectly The strap is extremely well made and very robust with all of Rd Oxx’s legendary attention to detail, and it is completely indestructible I can’t wait to try it on a three week trip to Indiacand Sri Lanka.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Oncologist
I am privileged to be the first customer to receive Red Oxx’s new Long Hauler padded shoulder strap with my new Air Boss. First impressions are entirely positive It has a well designed curved stretchy shoulder pad which fits perfectly The strap is extremely well made and very robust with all of Rd Oxx’s legendary attention to detail, and it is completely indestructible I can’t wait to try it on a three week trip to Indiacand Sri Lanka.
Thank you for alerting us to the availability of the Long Hauler strap. It looks a lot like the Tom Bihn Absolute Strap and the OpTech S.O.S strap. Both Red Oxx and Tom Bihn have nicer hardware than the OpTech. I like the metal triglide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.