Reload this Page >

AllBirds Wool Shoes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AllBirds Wool Shoes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Heel blisters in the first week, on a day that my fitbit says I had only 8,000 steps. Will probably wear some socks for a few days to see if I can get past the "breaking in" period.
I bought mine slightly larger so I can wear them with wool under ankle socks from DarnTough. I hate the idea of shoes without socks.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Dylane
Would love some feedback from people if the Wool Runners would actually be suitable for working out, running on the treadmill and that sort of thing. Wondering if they would be too hot, as well as what kind of support they give.
They would be fine for walking on a treadmill or maybe some light weightlifting. I'm a moderate mileage runner, and not in a million years would I wear them out for a run. The soles/insoles are only minimally supportive and the upper is a glorified sock, so there's not much structure anywhere. That being said, I find them to be very comfortable for lounging/walking around.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by chococat
They would be fine for walking on a treadmill or maybe some light weightlifting. I'm a moderate mileage runner, and not in a million years would I wear them out for a run. The soles/insoles are only minimally supportive and the upper is a glorified sock, so there's not much structure anywhere. That being said, I find them to be very comfortable for lounging/walking around.
I'm also a moderate mileage runner and I would be perfectly happy to wear them on planes.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:22 am

Are these shoes only sold online? Id need to try them on because I'm between a women size 10-11, and they don't carry size 11, so I'd need a mens 9.5-10 I guess.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Yes, they're only online. But it's free shipping and returns.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by chococat
Thanks. I decided to go with the Nike Free line, and then will get something else for an all around town shoe.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
So I got my shoes. I first tried them on with a pair of socks and they were a bit tight, hoping they would stretch a bit.

Then I realized - I was wearing merino wool socks in my merino wool shoes and that seemed redundant. I tried them sockless and they were very comfortable and nicely sized. I am not usually a sockless kind of guy.

Headed off on a trip Monday and will take them along as 2nd pair of shoes (something I don't usually do).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: US Gold
How much do they weigh?

wg
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Depends on the shoe size, but about 18 ounces for a pair is a good ballpark for the wool runners.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Yes, they're only online. But it's free shipping and returns.
They have a pop up store this summer in San Francisco (inside the Shinola store, I believe). I contacted them via Twitter and they said they have most shoes/sizes in stock.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: delta platinum medallion
Bought a pair of the new allbirds loungers and haven't taken them off since. I like the fact you can slip them on as slippers or wear them fully as shoes. The ultimate travel shoe though: adidas Ultraboost. Extremely versatile, Sock like and great running shoe and in certain colors wearable to dinner/drinks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: none
The toe in allbirds shoes does not hold up

I am now on my second pair of Allbirds runners. In the first pair my toes started to ware through the end of the shoe within six months. I contacted the company and they gave me a discount on a second pair. I bought the next size up since they run slightly small. I thought this would give me more toe room. I can see the problem will likely occur again. Allbirds needs to seriously reinforce the toe structure. This was in my original complaint. The shoes have no support and feel like slipper socks made of wool. They are very comfortable and easy to clean. But if you need support, forget these shoes. Washer friendly and they do not smell like cotton lined shoes. Great concept but the toe needs to be reinforced. The toe tapper is too severe. It looks cool but who has flat toes. I will likely look for a similar shoe with more toe space.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Have a pair. Don't love them.

They wear out quickly, although I think they've since slightly redesigned them.

To be honest, I find my Adidas "cloudfoam" sneakers much more comfortable and they actually support your foot (arch and heel). Cuter too.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by patersob
I am now on my second pair of Allbirds runners. In the first pair my toes started to ware through the end of the shoe within six months. I contacted the company and they gave me a discount on a second pair. I bought the next size up since they run slightly small. I thought this would give me more toe room. I can see the problem will likely occur again. Allbirds needs to seriously reinforce the toe structure. This was in my original complaint. The shoes have no support and feel like slipper socks made of wool. They are very comfortable and easy to clean. But if you need support, forget these shoes. Washer friendly and they do not smell like cotton lined shoes. Great concept but the toe needs to be reinforced. The toe tapper is too severe. It looks cool but who has flat toes. I will likely look for a similar shoe with more toe space.
2nding the toe issue. they're a comfy shoe, but the toe area is wearing through after only a couple months. If you were pitching these as just slippers thats one thing, but as sneakers you have to do something about this .... durability. Saying that its "all natural" or "sleek" only gets you part of the way, IMO!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by patersob
I just bought a pair and I too noticed the toe issue. I’ve been wearing them in to loosen it up, but the front just feels too snug. I’m not sure if it’s a sizing issue or a design flaw. How snug were your Allbirds when you first bought them? Where your toes ‘free’ or were they restricted by the shoe?
I will buy a bigger size to try, and return the other one as it’s still within 30 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.