Recommendations for a business Carry-On - International and Continental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for a business Carry-On - International and Continental

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Recommendations for a business Carry-On - International and Continental

Hello!

I know the carry-on recommendation topic is one that is played out often.

However, I have yet to have my question answered. I am traveling from DC to Central America quite often. To get there, I fly from DC to Houston, and then to my final destination. Oftentimes, I even catch a flight between countries in Central America before returning to the US.

From DC to Houston I take United flights and from Central America I fly up thru AA.

Any recommendations for a carry-on? I have to travel with a suit, so normal business loadout.

I'd love it if you could divide the recommendations between an affordable option and high end options.

Did I miss some details needed to make a good recommendation? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I travel International very often. I have the B&R Briggs and Riley cx22 baseline. It has fit in all the overhead bins. It has a suit carrier as well as a great warranty.
You will not be disappointed.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:43 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
I swapped to a B&R U121CXSPW International spinner. While it has a insert for suit, I'd likely wear my jacket on and squeeze the slacks/shirt into the insert.

We'll built and very expensive, the one regret is the external bar results in loss of precious volume that one could have squeezed a few more socks/underwear or others if they re-engineered it ( my one criticism from being perfect )
Old May 23, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
I use the 122CX as well. A little disappointed by the country of origin, but with the lifetime warranty it doesn't really matter. I take the 231X with me as well, slides right over the handle of the 122CX. Between the two I can carry enough for any length trip.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chipmaster
I swapped to a B&R U121CXSPW International spinner. While it has a insert for suit, I'd likely wear my jacket on and squeeze the slacks/shirt into the insert.

We'll built and very expensive, the one regret is the external bar results in loss of precious volume that one could have squeezed a few more socks/underwear or others if they re-engineered it ( my one criticism from being perfect )
Those external bars are the reason I haven't bought a B&R yet. However, so many people have them. Are they really that good?
Old May 24, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Gate8 do a superb carry on suit carrier. Works on small planes too if you detach the laptop bag.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Gatorsf
Those external bars are the reason I haven't bought a B&R yet. However, so many people have them. Are they really that good?
The external bars means that the interior is flat, not with a hump where the bar mechanism intrudes into the bag. I find the flat interior great for packing.

I own 6 B&R, their durability and the flat interior surface is what sold me.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The external bars means that the interior is flat, not with a hump where the bar mechanism intrudes into the bag. I find the flat interior great for packing.

I own 6 B&R, their durability and the flat interior surface is what sold me.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:26 am

Prior to become a road warrior we had a Hartman that lasted decades, internal bars with a hump. I'm a little OCD and hated the hump but like I mentioned those few precious volume one can roll up a few underwear and socks in them.

Now if others had internal, with the BR construction and nice push flat I'd so choose that over the external bars. That is a lot of volume to give up, but so far I can still manage one week easily and two weeks in a pinch with this bag.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
A bundle packed Red Oxx Air Boss would do the trick. Also, a Red Oxx Flying Fortress.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:13 pm

B&R International. I prefer the two wheeler to the spinner as the latter tends to run away when on a subway, etc.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by welshbrains
B&R International. I prefer the two wheeler to the spinner as the latter tends to run away when on a subway, etc.
Do agree when I travel bus, train or anything that moves that little rascal does seem to require a tight leash. But again the times I pulled it in airports fully loaded and with my backpack on top, I find upright has some advantages as well as that combo gets might heavy. Give those two I'd almost say why not add locks
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:56 am

I bought the B&R U122CX-4 from Amazon when they had luggage at 20% off in April of 2015. Been on many domestic and international trips - very satisfied and highly recommend.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I have the tumi continental Alpha with 2 wheels and although I'm happy with it, I would go with the international Alpha 2 and presently debating on the 2 wheeled or 4 wheeled. The interior space is 3 L less for the 4 wheeler and 1.5 lbs heavier ..... hmmmm decisions. I have carried my 2 wheeler for over 4 years and it does get heavy with my briefcase. Also the continental is 2 inches wider so I'm international and should have gotten that to begin with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.