Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Bluffworks Blazer?

Bluffworks Blazer?

Old May 24, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More
I hang dry mine and it works like a charm. I should add that this jacket is absolutely freakin' awesome. Just got back from a trip where I wore it 10 straight days-- dressing it up with ties and down with jeans. It goes anywhere and looks great everywhere. Smartest clothing purchase I've ever made.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I think the main thing is the pilling around the sleeves, just below the flaps and sleeve buttons. Probably not noticeable unless I run my fingers across it.

Rather frustratingly, the wrinkles along the upper pack persist despite washing and hang drying, so I'm wondering what else I can do to get rid of those wrinkles.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:12 am

Smile Love my blazer

Very pleased with the Bluffworks Blazer. I went for the slim fit and it's just right - I'm a 38" chest and pretty slim.

Not washed yet but seems to work as advertised and looks terrific. Recommended!
Old May 30, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
I have two pairs of Bluffworks' earlier versions of travel pants (with the lighter weight fabric) and then two suits that incorporate the blazers they introduced last year with matching pants. I love all of them and they are just as impervious to wrinkles as everyone describes, however the suits have experienced some of the pilling that others described here. With the exception of one patch just below the belt on the back of my dark gray suit pants that is starting to look a little rough (and is the reason I searched for "Bluffworks pilling" and found this thread) the pilling is only noticeable when you touch it. One of the blazers came with some pilling under the arm, while other patches have developed over time. Still very pleased with them, though, and plan to buy more in the future.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these. Reviews seem to be pretty good across the board. Probably go with blue. Found a good video, I think from the kickstarter, that showed the difference between classic and slim. Based on that, definitely going with classic.
Do you like your Bluffworks Blazer in blue? Is it super casual, or do you think it could be used, say, to go to dinner in a nice restaurant as well. Really hard to tell from the photos. Would love your feedback on this. I'm between the Haggar In-Motion Travel Blazer (which is only around $80) and the Bluffworks Gramercy. The one issue with the Haggar is that it is not washable and must be dry cleaned. I'll spend the money on the Bluffworks if it is noticeably better.

thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:05 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I would say that the Bluffworks Blazer could be worn in decent restaurant (I've done it when travelling with the blue blazer). But for me it likely comes down to the rest fo your attire.

In the end, the blazer looks good but it hardly formal or fashion-forward. But given how 95% of men dress in even "nice" restaurants, I think you can rest easy with Bluffworks.
Larrybas likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
The texture is similar to worsted wool, so there is a bit of grain -- from a rough poll of friends and family, it was indistinguishable from traditional wool at a distance. If you need a more satin texture for a formal blazer, I'd suggest buying a formal blazer. Otherwise the Bluffworks Blazer looks quite premium (or at least, way better than 80% of the blazers I see people wearing when I get on the plane). If you want to upgrade it or dress it up a bit, replace the stock black buttons with silver or gold buttons.
Larrybas and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

I love it. It can be easily dressed up or down. I've worn it with Khakis and jeans for a more casual look, but also with the matching pants and a tie and the look is quite formal. Went to a fancy restaurant in Paris with the jacket, matching pants, tie, nice shoes, and no one looked twice at me.

Originally Posted by Larrybas
Do you like your Bluffworks Blazer in blue? Is it super casual, or do you think it could be used, say, to go to dinner in a nice restaurant as well. Really hard to tell from the photos. Would love your feedback on this. I'm between the Haggar In-Motion Travel Blazer (which is only around $80) and the Bluffworks Gramercy. The one issue with the Haggar is that it is not washable and must be dry cleaned. I'll spend the money on the Bluffworks if it is noticeably better.

thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:11 am

Sizing question

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Be mindful of sizing and remember they have free size exchanges. I love my BW blazer, and planning to buy a second one soon. Love that they now have matching pants to create a suit. It looks fantastic.
I am 5'9" 167 lbs, typically a 40 regular in a suit jacket and typically 32 waist. I usually have to buy suit separates because the pants sizes with 40 regular is usually way too big for me. I have a JosBank traveler tech slim fit suit in a 40 and it fits good, though just a hair tight when I fold my arms, but certainly acceptable and I really like it. I ordered the 40 regular Classic in the Bluffworks Blazer. Haven't received it yet. I'm wondering if the slim fit might be better. But was afraid from seeing reviews that the blazer runs a little small. Anyone with experience here with sizing. Do these run just a little smaller than normal wool suit jackets?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:41 pm

Quality and color

Hi, just checking in with people that have purchased the Bluffworks blazer. Is it holding up? Would you buy it again? Value?

Most important...Does it swoosh? Sound polyester-like when you move?

What color?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:58 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It doesn't swoosh.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There is no swoosh. I could drive over mine with a bulldozer, pull it out, shake it off, put it on and go for dinner with clients. Clients I even like.

Easily one of the smartest clothing investments I've ever made.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
USA Today business travel product of the year!

Lots of very positive comments in this thread about the Bluffworks Blazer - which was just named #1 business product of 2018 by USA Today.
Given that it's getting to be that time of year, might be worth looking at for a special someone (ie you!)

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel...travelers-2018

Last edited by SportsTech; Nov 26, 2018 at 7:52 am
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
circling back, They run a touch small. I got the size that I wear with normal suits, blazers and tried to run with it. I even lost a little weight, and no go. So I went up one size, have it with me now, wore it last night, and its still fantastic. Donating my old one to a friend who wants one. The one I am giving away was rolled up in a carry on, AMS-DFW for at least 14 hours, and no wrinkles worth noting found.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AC E
Alas, too small for me. Would have bought the blazer...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.