Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Locked out of old style luggage

Old Dec 31, 16, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

I set the lock to 880 then closed the lock and twisted the numbers which apparently set the new code. So now I have no idea what this new code is. I have watched every video and tried all combinations and all the different tricks with no luck. I have nothing of value inside so I don't need to break in. I just want to figure out the code. I've spent the last three hours holding down the unlatch button and trying every combo possible.
Old Dec 31, 16, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lizbecca View Post
I set the lock to 880 then closed the lock and twisted the numbers which apparently set the new code. So now I have no idea what this new code is. I have watched every video and tried all combinations and all the different tricks with no luck. I have nothing of value inside so I don't need to break in. I just want to figure out the code. I've spent the last three hours holding down the unlatch button and trying every combo possible.
Then you missed one of the thousand possibilities.
Old Jan 1, 17, 4:23 am

Potentially look into how to pick combination locks - if it's cheap it may be easy to figure out the combination that way.
Old Jan 8, 17, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Lizbecca View Post
Holding down the unlatch button while dialing in the combination does not work on many locks, including all my recent Briggs & Riley. You must release the unlatch, set combination and try to engage the unlatch. Otherwise you'll go right past the winning combination.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: