Community
Wiki Posts
Search

teen rolling backpack

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:42 am
Original Poster

teen rolling backpack

A teenage offspring of MellonC keeps destroying his rolling backpack. The offending part is always the pull out handles. I found out he was carrying like 5 text books in there and literally bouncing the darn thing going down the steps. Way too heavy! It must have weighted 35 lbs.

Anything out there that will survive this torture?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Bump. I'd appreciate any suggestion.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:50 pm

Nikidom Roller a product designed in South Africa is an interesting product for this kind of use. Not cheap though:

http://nikidomroller.co.za/store/ind...tegory&path=18

A little over $100 for the bigger version! It is supposed to be durable and easy to use up stairs as well as running with it due to the special handle and big wheels but it is not a back pack. Here is a video demonstrating it:

Here a quality control test:

This bag is popular in Spain and Poland.

As for back packs then perhaps these Chinese thingies can be of interest:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...olley-bag.html

I do not know of the quality of those bags but are relatively inexpensive and the 3 wheel system made for stairs is detachable for when not needed.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:04 pm

Yes, buy him a normal backpack, I can't recall having a rolling one when I was in school.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes, buy him a normal backpack, I can't recall having a rolling one when I was in school.
Normal backpack is out of the question. The kid only weighs about 90 lbs. The bag was like 35 lbs. Too many full sized textbooks. They eat a whole Costco's worth of food every week but it all disappears into the thin air.......
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyForce6
Nikidom Roller a product designed in South Africa is an interesting product for this kind of use. Not cheap though:

http://nikidomroller.co.za/store/ind...tegory&path=18

A little over $100 for the bigger version! It is supposed to be durable and easy to use up stairs as well as running with it due to the special handle and big wheels but it is not a back pack. Here is a video demonstrating it:

NikiDOM ROLLER: The Best Ergonomic Trolley Schoolbag - YouTube

Here a quality control test:

Nikidom Roller - test wytrzymałościowy - YouTube

This bag is popular in Spain and Poland.

As for back packs then perhaps these Chinese thingies can be of interest:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...olley-bag.html

I do not know of the quality of those bags but are relatively inexpensive and the 3 wheel system made for stairs is detachable for when not needed.
Thanks for this. I'd jump on this as this looks good for air travel also. But the single pole handle - which is always the weak point - seems the same as the one he just broke.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:46 am

Some of my friends bought their kids rolling backpacks from LL Bean that they are happy with. It also looks to be a single pole handle, but perhaps more sturdy than what he had before?

Last edited by Buster; Oct 18, 2016 at 10:47 am Reason: clarity
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I'll check it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.