Tumi 4 wheeled deluxe brief with laptop sleeve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi 4 wheeled deluxe brief with laptop sleeve

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by jalm1
Good insight, i prefer 2 wheels to spinners. It seems like most of Tumi is going the spinner route.

The B&R looks a decent amount smaller than the Tumi version. From the website it looks like the next bigger version is a more of a full sized carry-on.

For the Tumi - anyone have experience with it fitting under the seat? it seems like it might be a bit big if in needed to do that.
Tumi bags have the handle inside, vs. the handle on the outside for B&R, it will make it easier. Between the handle and the wheel design on the B&R you are giving up about 1" of space to fit under the seat.

Tumi has the best material on the outside, as far as any Nylon or Ballistic Nylon used by any company. They have an exclusive on it through patents. Tumi has significantly fewer warranty claims that B&R, especially in the first year of ownership which is where more than 99% of all warranty claims are made due to workmanship, or design flaw. Tumi has a superior warranty to B&R during that first year, and pays the freight both ways for the repair if it has to be sent in, and they have loaner bags, in the unfortunate event you need a repair!

Additionally if you are ever going to pair the bag with another roll-a-board, or even checked luggage the B&R bag is not that easy to put on the handle of another bag. I don't know about you, but monkeying around with an add on piece that I have to now store, just to put the bag on another bag, isn't fun. Plus it's limited in it's scope. Due to handle designs that B&R has chosen to use (not part of the industry guidelines standards, similar to VESA mount standards for TV's) you may struggle to have it even work with your other roll-a-board, or checked luggage if it isn't a B&R bag you are attaching it to. I know it's much easier to roll one bag with another bag on top, than it is to roll two around and navigate the checked bag lines, security, or what not.

Not saying that Tumi is the best solution, as something could be better. Again our CFO loves the bag part, but hates that it has 4 wheels. I asked him at lunch today, and said that the 4 wheel spinner part is the only downside of the bag for him, and that's because he prefers 2 wheels.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:21 pm

you should also check out this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...s-riley-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.