Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Rimowa in Copenhagen / Norway / Sweden / Russia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest Rimowa in Copenhagen / Norway / Sweden / Russia

Hi All.. My name is Ibnu from Indonesia. I will have a holiday next month, and will travel to Copenhagen (Denmark) , Oslo (Norway), Bergen (Norway), Stockholm (Sweden), Moscow (Russia)

I plan to buy one piece rimowa classic flight (BIG SIZE).

My question is where to buy cheapest rimowa among several countries i mentioned above?

Thank you for your reply and have a good day!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AY+
In Russia you cannot buy it in tax free (18%) and what I have been looking the price levels, even the rouble is cheap, all imported products has gone up.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Whilst you have various city options, I don't think any are ideal for Rimowa. The best option is Germany.

I've not seen Rimiowa on my travels in Scaninavia, I would think you best chance may be at the airport. However airside and a big case will give you issues.

Russia certainly not, imported products have gone up in price due to sanctions. I can check in DME on Tuesday if you would like me to and I have time.

For your trip I would be thinking where can I buy it rather than where is the cheapest price.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sama
In Russia you cannot buy it in tax free (18%) and what I have been looking the price levels, even the rouble is cheap, all imported products has gone up.
Hi.. I see , thank you for the reply
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Whilst you have various city options, I don't think any are ideal for Rimowa. The best option is Germany.

I've not seen Rimiowa on my travels in Scaninavia, I would think you best chance may be at the airport. However airside and a big case will give you issues.

Russia certainly not, imported products have gone up in price due to sanctions. I can check in DME on Tuesday if you would like me to and I have time.

For your trip I would be thinking where can I buy it rather than where is the cheapest price.
Hi, yes sure if you can help me to check in DME, it will be great, thanks !
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Buy in an online German shop a week ahead and ship it to your hotel in Copenhagen / Norway / Sweden . Even if the hotel asks a fee to hold it you are still way, way ahead.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chx1975
Buy in an online German shop a week ahead and ship it to your hotel in Copenhagen / Norway / Sweden . Even if the hotel asks a fee to hold it you are still way, way ahead.
Hi Chx1975, that sounds one of good options, could you suggest me which websites are verified and also have good price of course

Thank you
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

I just look at http://www.koffer-direkt.de/

do you know if there is any taxes or additional fees if i shipped it to Copenhagen from koffer-direkt.de (i mean from the courier side, not from the hotel side)

Thank you
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:00 am
Original Poster

I am sorry, to ask you so many questions.. My last questions, lets say i buy from koffer-direkt.de and shipped to Copenhagen. Can I get VAT if i buy online? Thank you
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Ibnu
I just look at http://www.koffer-direkt.de/

do you know if there is any taxes or additional fees if i shipped it to Copenhagen from koffer-direkt.de (i mean from the courier side, not from the hotel side)

Thank you
The website pays the courier and above 150 EUR they ship for free. There's nothing else. As for getting the VAT back email the shop and explain the situation. Ideally, they would sending the VAT refund form alongside the suitcase which you will need to stamp at the airport and get your money back.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I tried to order and claim vat, it did not work. I hope it works for you. Just a heads up it may not
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Last summer I did a similar trip. I ended up buying my Topas Stealth in Copenhagen. It was the cheapest of the countries I had visited. Russia will be the most expensive. Actually if I could have found it in Estonia, I think that would have been the cheapest place for me to buy it as their dept stores typically have great sales.

I got the VAT back at the airport. I paid using a Canadian credit card, and our dollar wasn't so strong, but it still wasn't a bad price. After tax back I'd say 1200-1300 Canadian for 82L one, which is pretty good compared to what I would pay in Canada for the same thing.

There are 3 places to buy in Copenhagen. I bought in the department store...where bon gout travel is..yes it is in a department store on the 2nd or 3rd floor. They had the full line of stealth, the others did not.

Just going to let you know Norway is the most expensive country so I wouldn't even waste your time looking there if I were you.

Good luck.

(BTW the reason I bought it wasn't planned, my suitcase was a cheap make that had a zipper all the way around. The zipper got damaged so that once I got it open, it would not close again...therefore I had to buy a suitcase. I figured I'd go with my dream suitcase rather than buying another cheap one)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:32 pm

Hi Handcake, I am planning to visit Copenhagen in weeks and looking to buy Rimowa. Could you please share the address of the department store? Thanks a lot
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Handcake
Last summer I did a similar trip. I ended up buying my Topas Stealth in Copenhagen. It was the cheapest of the countries I had visited. Russia will be the most expensive. Actually if I could have found it in Estonia, I think that would have been the cheapest place for me to buy it as their dept stores typically have great sales.

I got the VAT back at the airport. I paid using a Canadian credit card, and our dollar wasn't so strong, but it still wasn't a bad price. After tax back I'd say 1200-1300 Canadian for 82L one, which is pretty good compared to what I would pay in Canada for the same thing.

There are 3 places to buy in Copenhagen. I bought in the department store...where bon gout travel is..yes it is in a department store on the 2nd or 3rd floor. They had the full line of stealth, the others did not.

Just going to let you know Norway is the most expensive country so I wouldn't even waste your time looking there if I were you.

Good luck.

(BTW the reason I bought it wasn't planned, my suitcase was a cheap make that had a zipper all the way around. The zipper got damaged so that once I got it open, it would not close again...therefore I had to buy a suitcase. I figured I'd go with my dream suitcase rather than buying another cheap one)
Hi Handcake, I am planning to visit Copenhagen in weeks and looking to buy Rimowa. Could you please share the address of the department store? Thanks a lot
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bonbon9
Probably Magasin du Nord or Illum shopping mall, as it seems to fit the description of where I recall that I may have seen Rimowa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.