Reload this Page >

Rimowa Re-design for 2016?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Re-design for 2016?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
I have hardly ever used the add a bag feature and it would have not been a deal breaker even if the bags had not came with that feature..
Agree that the add-a-bag is not that useful, unless it’s a very small and lightweight bag, and even then...

It will not be missed.
ctmom88 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
It's the fact that the "new design" will be 15-20% more expensive than the current bags. Having found something online that provided a 10% discount and no sales tax was the reason why I purchased my first 2 Rimowa bags.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
It's the fact that the "new design" will be 15-20% more expensive than the current bags. Having found something online that provided a 10% discount and no sales tax was the reason why I purchased my first 2 Rimowa bags.
What bags did you procure at the old price with discount as I am unable to find any of the carry on "TOPAS" 45L forsale here in the STATES even at full retail...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:53 pm

What bags did you procure at the old price with discount as I am unable to find any of the carry on "TOPAS" 45L forsale here in the STATES even at full retail...
I got the Topas in 61L (26") & 34L (22" IATA). It was a 2 day sale on luggageonline.com

I just did a search, and it looks like they have the 45L in stock. Good luck.

Last edited by fishy21; Aug 7, 2018 at 12:00 am
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by fishy21
I got the Topas in 61L (26") & 34L (22" IATA). It was a 2 day sale on luggageonline.com

I just did a search, and it looks like they have the 45L in stock. Good luck.
Zappos.com has the 45L in stock also.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:53 am

I know it is over, however I have used my 45L on all of my Delta International Flights to Dubai, and Sri Lanka and aware it is over but i always make it a point to get on very early in the boarding as possible and so far I have been very lucky I guess.
Originally Posted by hornillas1
If your primary concern is for carry-on purposes, I would return your Bossa Nova, as your bag exceeds a majority of airline carry-on limits (ie Delta 115 cm, Lufthansa 118 cm, etc).

As a future reference point, try not to look at any Rimowa products above 37L for cabin trolleys, as the dimensions exceed majority of carriers' allowable limits.
Originally Posted by sapguy
I have been traveling the world with my Limbo 45L without any problem, mostly on United Airlines and Star Alliance carriers with a few American Airlines domestic flights too.

Hi all, thanks for your experiences.

Just in case anyone is considering getting the 45L for a carry-on, I'll report my success rate for the past month:

AC J longhaul - 2/2 success
BA Y shorthaul - 1/1 success (BA allows this larger size actually, which was why I booked with them for this flight, even though other airlines were charging less)
LX Y shorthaul - 1/2 success... I boarded last.... so even though I was able to bring it into the cabin with me, there was apparently no room for any other bags, and it had to be checked at last minute Luckily - it arrived without a scratch!

Overall - 4/5 success rate

Moral of the story - don't board last!
Mailman44 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: M/M
If you happen to be in Cologne, Germany on 13 October, LVMH is hosting a open house to tour the RIMOWA manufacturing facility.

Sign-ups are available on the LVMH Les Journees Particulieres webpage at https://www.lvmh.com/lesjourneesparticulieres/

Tours begin every 10 minutes and will be one-hour long.

Slots are filling up fast! Best wishes!
midnightmartini likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:52 pm

I have to say I actually like the new design
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by andpgud
I have to say I actually like the new design
I like the old design better, especially the blue interior
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:14 am

Did they remove the spring loaded (telescopic) handle with the newest revision? Or is that something that was always missing with the cabin?

I have a checked Topas from the previous generation, and I love that the telescopic handle pops up when the button is pushed (it also feels very satisfying when you push it back into place). I just purchased a new cabin suitcase and, much to my dismay, realized that the handle doesn’t behave the same way...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: M/M
I have both the Topas and Titanium cabin trolleys.

Both of my cabin Topas models (920.52.00.2 and 923.52.03.4, respectively) do not have a spring-loaded telescopic handle.
g2x222 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hornillas1
I have both the Topas and Titanium cabin trolleys.

Both of my cabin Topas models (920.52.00.2 and 923.52.03.4, respectively) do not have a spring-loaded telescopic handle.
My Original 53 does not have this feature either. However, larger Check In-M and L models DO have this feature!

Honestly, the redesign is garbage, they removed features (add-a-bag), spring loaded telescopic handle, shortened the straps and made it an ugly gray color.

Question: Has anybody else have their telescopic handle fail to lock in place in carry on sized Rimowa's? Now that they removed the spring loaded handle for no reason, the only reason this button is there is to lock the thing in place.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by macintoshd
Now that they removed the spring loaded handle for no reason
Of course there is a reason. Bet it saves $$$.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by g2x222
Did they remove the spring loaded (telescopic) handle with the newest revision? Or is that something that was always missing with the cabin?

I have a checked Topas from the previous generation, and I love that the telescopic handle pops up when the button is pushed (it also feels very satisfying when you push it back into place). I just purchased a new cabin suitcase and, much to my dismay, realized that the handle doesn’t behave the same way...
I have the new cabin, cabin plus, Check-in m, and a trunk (the new “original” line, in silver aluminum ). When I push the button on the telescoping handle, it pops up. So I’d say these new models include a “spring loaded” handle.

So if yours doesn’t behave that way, I’d say it was faulty.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:47 pm

The luggage at my local Rimowa does not have the pop-up feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.