Reload this Page >

Rimowa Re-design for 2016?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Re-design for 2016?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Just bought two in the past month.. First was stolen in Bogota... It would be a shame if a new one comes out in a month.. My new one is brand new, wonder if I should return it before I use it and wait...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and AA Concierge Key
Anyone have an update on this?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by letsgofire
Anyone have an update on this?
got tired of waiting and just bought 2 more cases. website still says that a new design is coming in 2016...we'll see in the next 3 weeks I guess?

interestingly, I noticed that kofferprofi has some Topas cases listed with the title "New Generation." I don't recall if they were always titled like this or not?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
I asked Rimowa and their "Coming Soon" sign in their website (like for the Topas Sport 80) is scheduled for mid-2017
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:33 pm

Have there been any updates on the redesign?

I was debating buying one now during Boxing Week, or waiting until February when I go to Amsterdam. I wonder if some Rimowa's will go on sale if newer versions come out.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by midnightmartini
Have there been any updates on the redesign?

I was debating buying one now during Boxing Week, or waiting until February when I go to Amsterdam. I wonder if some Rimowa's will go on sale if newer versions come out.
Updates are coming in mid-2017. Rimowas going on sale is highly unlikely, even older models. You can either buy online and a few websites offer 10-15% discount (they apply it to the whole website), at a store it's again extremely unlikely you'd get a discount on a particular Rimowa bag. You can however get the VAT back if you claim it as a business expense for your travels, or if you live outside the EU.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by mevr
Updates are coming in mid-2017. Rimowas going on sale is highly unlikely, even older models. You can either buy online and a few websites offer 10-15% discount (they apply it to the whole website), at a store it's again extremely unlikely you'd get a discount on a particular Rimowa bag. You can however get the VAT back if you claim it as a business expense for your travels, or if you live outside the EU.
Thank you. Looks like I'll wait before purchasing, I'm curious to see what they come up with next.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:13 am

According to their website there aren't any new series coming out, other than the same models in larger sizes (such as the 100L Topas Sport) or the same models with the eletronic-tag, which make the bag a little bit heavier, a bit less internal volume and can only be read by less than 4 airlines, not really worth it imo.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:11 pm

I went to four different Rimowa retailers today trying to find my perfect carry on. One of them mentioned that the Salsa Deluxe shipment coming in January will have double zippers (like the Bossa Nova line) as opposed to the current single zipper, this is apparently harder for thieves to poke through. I can't confirm the double zipper as I haven't seen it in person yet, but I preordered one and will report back when it arrives in late January.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by midnightmartini
I went to four different Rimowa retailers today trying to find my perfect carry on. One of them mentioned that the Salsa Deluxe shipment coming in January will have double zippers (like the Bossa Nova line) as opposed to the current single zipper, this is apparently harder for thieves to poke through. I can't confirm the double zipper as I haven't seen it in person yet, but I preordered one and will report back when it arrives in late January.
I received my 2017 Salsa Deluxe Cabin, and can confirm it has the double zipper. I didn't notice other differences.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Any word on electronic-tags across their whole line, even carry-ons? Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
Carry-ons don't need to be read by a machine, and e-tags would also make the carry-on heavier (0.5kg+) and as you know, no one scans tags of your carry-on items anyways.

You can assume with certainty that they won't offer e-tag for their carry-on lines.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
My local Rimowa store said that electronic tags are coming across the line - not mentioning carry-ons specifically, but I'd imagine they'd incorporate it, too. After all, there are times you check your rollaboard.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:39 am

Maybe they mean across the brand/line, as it's unlikely they'd make carry-ons heavier than what they already are just to have an e-tag that most of the time won't be used because they're carry-ons. Carry-ons are only checked-in when they are overweight or considered oversized by an airline, those are exceptions to the norm.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Old thread, but I was looking at the website and noticed the "Design–Update 2017" and I just compared my new Topas Stealth IATA I just got with my older Topas Titanium IATA...

New wheel design (Rimowa logo on the new ones), the top handle is now smaller so it doesn't get in the way of the pull handle, the top handle is now spring loaded so it doesn't just flap around, the pull handle is also spring loaded so when you press the button it pops up making it easier to pull out, and the interior straps were designed. Overall I say all good changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.