Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Old Apr 2, 18, 4:25 am

I use a Fossil Fusion watch which costs around 200$.But it does nt look that costly though.Anyway it was a gift from a friend so no worries
Old Apr 3, 18, 8:45 am
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
Rolex are not exclusive. They produce about 800,000 pieces per year.
For me their volume is part of the mystery. How on earth do they maintain such unforgiving quality control over 800k pieces? Ramping up to those volumes is but an extension of the mystery (and pointlessness) of watchmaking anyway
Old Apr 3, 18, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by choklit View Post
This one has been getting a LOT of time on my wrist. The Casio G-SHOCK GST-S100D-1A4 G-Steel. World time, nice size, no battery. It just works for me and it's nice looking, too. Gets lots of compliments.
I'm a big fan of these, awesome for travel. They cost $1000 in Colombia though.
Old Apr 8, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombi8
I'm a big fan of these, awesome for travel. They cost $1000 in Colombia though.
You should check Rolex prices in Brasil. My gold Submariner costs as much as some one bedroom condos in the local currency........R$ 145,000.......
Old Apr 9, 18, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I've got the Fitbit Blaze to try and get myself in shape... doesn't seem to be working though!
Old Apr 9, 18, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I've been getting lots of compliments on my Seiko SKX009. I added a stainless jubilee-style bracelet. Really liking this watch for travel—takes a beating, waterproof, cheap enough that I won't get too worried if anything happens to it.

Old Apr 10, 18, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
You should check Rolex prices in Brasil. My gold Submariner costs as much as some one bedroom condos in the local currency........R$ 145,000.......
I don't know the prices of condos in Brazil but I do know that Rolexes (Rolices???) are priced in USD in countries with shonky currencies so a change downwards in the value of reais would mean that condos stay the same price but Rolexes increase in value.

Edit: Sorry the above scenario would mean that Rolexes increase in price not in value. The value remains the same

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Apr 10, 18 at 1:48 pm Reason: Economic pedantry
Old Apr 11, 18, 9:12 am

I've been wearing a pair of Daniel Wellington watches but on changed straps (a silver number with a black goat strap and a rose gold number with a brown croc strap - both white dial) and a number of people have mistaken them for something much more expensive (the watches with original calf strapes were circa $180). Looks formal enough for any place and is ok for dressed down too for anything more than t-shirt/shorts or sweats.

Have some no brand steel quartz number for purely activity based holidays.

Personally don't like sports watches like a Rolex Sub with a suit and so more likely to take a dress watch with me (and at their price DW are good as I wouldn't mind if they were lost) and just not wear it on the beach etc than take a sports watch and go without a watch if going out in the evening or such.
Old Apr 19, 18, 11:12 am

Fitbit blaze, but soon to be upgraded.
Old Sep 4, 18, 11:30 am

Finally, found a local authorized dealer of a Luminox watches, and bought a nice one, it’s smaller at 38mm, fits and looks great on my smallish wrist.
Old Sep 4, 18, 2:38 pm

I've been through a number of nice watches, and have a few more basic citizen and seiko ones too. My current daily wear is an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 41.5 with white dial and blue hands on bracelet. It works with shorts and a polo or with a suit just as well.

Very cool seeing everyone's timepieces here!
Old Sep 4, 18, 2:49 pm

If I could figure how to post a pic I would.
Old Sep 4, 18, 3:56 pm

Here is one of my watches and that being a Rolex Daytona in solid rose gold with chocolate dial..
Old Sep 4, 18, 4:28 pm

Old Sep 4, 18, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post

Here is one of my watches and that being a Rolex Daytona in solid rose gold with chocolate dial..
Beautiful.

Search this Thread