Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Able Planet Traveler's Choice NC 190 BMT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Able Planet Traveler's Choice NC 190 BMT

I found these Able Planet Traveler's Choice NC 190 for $18 on Amazon.com and wow do they sound amazing. I tried the Noise Cancelling Feature and it blocks out a lot of the noise. I tried speaking and I could not hear my voice.

I am a discerning listener call me an audiophile.

The audio using Lynx is outstanding and it plays bass very well, the lows sound very well and the highs sounds perfect. Even without the Noise Cancelling feature it sounds outstanding. I like the fact that it takes AAA batteries that are easy to replace. Just flip the battery compartment and install.

I also like the detachable cable(it only has a single cable) so if the cable breaks its easy to replace. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

I tried the Bose Quiet Comforts and I feel like you are paying for a name. The Able Planets Lynx Audio is amazing. As Able planet designs hearing aids you don't have to turn up the volume too high to enjoy the audio.

This pair of headphones sounds better than my old Able Planets, Sony NC. I did not want to spend the high amount for Beats. I love the padded headband and the earphones are comfortable and do fit around my ears very well.

It has a passive and Active Noise Cancelling. Why I like these headphones over Bose is if your battery runs out you can still listen to them and save the battery for the flights when you need to sleep.

I think this is the best $18 I spent. I can't wait to try it out on a flight. As we speak I tried the following songs to reproduce the ranges. Here is my take on the songs I tried.

1. Andrei Bocelli and Sara Brightman Time To Say Goodbye

This pair of headphones blew me away. It reproduces the song so well just like listening to it at a concert. You can hear the instruments as they are mean to sound. The vocals are reproduced very well.

2. Falco Rock Me Amadeus

The Bass is reproduced very well. Again the instruments and vocals come out the way its meant to be. I never heard this song sound so good. This headphone sounds better than my Sony Headphones. I also owned Audio Technica Pairs and this one beats them.

3. Vivaldi Four Seasons

For your Classical Music Fans these headphones are amazing. The instruments are reproduced the way they are meant to be heard. The airlines offer many great Classical Music offerings and I would be hard pressed to find other headphones for my listening needs.

4. Four Tops Baby I need Your Lovin

For you Motown fans these headphones are amazing. You can hear the symphony and the harmony so clear. It reproduces the sound so well and incorporates all the vocals.

5. Kenny G Songbird This Jazz is reproduced as its meant to be. The sax is very clear and its very pleasing.

6. The Fugees Ready Or Not

For those who like Hip Hop These headphones do an outstanding job of reproducing the lyrics, instrument and bass. Wow these headphones do all types of music.

7. Movies I tried listening to a movie and the vocals are reproduced well. And I can't wait to watch movies with these babies.

My Verdict:

For the $ 18 I spent it will already pay for itself. If it breaks for some reason due to a manufacture defect I can send it back to Able Planet. These sound more like $100+ Headphones. You would be hard pressed to find a better set for the price considering the cheap earphones airlines give or you have to pay for them on some airlines.

Move on over Bose I want to hear my music even if the battery dies. People who buy Beats by Dr. Dre are just purchasing the name. People who purchase Able Planet are buying headphones for the sound quality. They have designed hearing aids and their patented Lynx Audio reproduces the sound very well.

I also like the small carrying case that comes with an airline adapter, stereo adapter. These headphones fold up or you can put it flat in a case. I also like the detachable cable and the premium build quality. Its as good as other premium brands. The padded headband is great.

I would never leave home without them.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Interesting. I've wanted a pair of noise isolating ideally earphones but these headphones look good (and at that price point, it's not much of a loss if they end up being mediocre).

I'm just a little worried about the bad reviews on Amazon. Keep us posted on how they hold up!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

I would go for these headphones and ignore the Bad Reviews if you feel they are something you can ignore. Worst possible case is you can return them within 30 days either to Amazon or Able Planet.Just keep the original box.

Hope you like them.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:14 am
Original Poster

I am back for the real test as I used them on my AF flight. I was seated in Y and there were loud children for a part of the flight. I turned these on and they really did block the noise. Even with the Noise Cancelling feature turned off and it still blocked the noise very well and fits around the ear very well.

I like the fact that it only takes one AAA battery unlike my old Sony. I also like the long wire with volume control and they fit well in my headphone case. I take them off every hour or so to let my ears rest.

I was able to.sleep for 6 of the 10 hours listening to good music
I compared these to the AF headphones they give and its no.comparison. Watching the movies were also great.

The price was right and if God forbid they break they offer a Limited Lifeime Warranty or i can just purchase nee ones. They are very strongly built.

Last edited by danielonn; Mar 12, 2016 at 2:20 am
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Interesting. I may try a set for my wife (since I'm not going to buy her a pair of Bose for a single trip).

That said, you're incorrect about one thing, you can certainly use the newer Bose (QC-20, QC-25) with or without battery, and the 20i built in pack lasts in my experience for about 18 hours or so.

I wouldn't have these, myself, just because I'm not a huge fan of over-the-ear phones these days, they get hot, aren't that great when sleeping and leaning up against bulkheads and such, at least in my own experience.

But for $18, it's certainly worth buying a pair to play with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.