Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

What to wear on a long haul overnight in C?

What to wear on a long haul overnight in C?

Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I bring a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and change into those for sleep. Then do a sink wash before changing back into my regular travel clothes--which depending on climate is either jeans or chinos with a polo shirt and a light zip up hoodie.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I bring PJ pants like scrubs or thin sweat pants and a T-shirt. As soon as I get on board I go to the bathroom and change out of my street clothes. I don't like sleeping in the same clothes I wore the day before or am going to wear the day after.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I find clothes works well. No one cares what you wear, so wear whatever is comfortable.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Madone59
I bring PJ pants like scrubs or thin sweat pants and a T-shirt. As soon as I get on board I go to the bathroom and change out of my street clothes. I don't like sleeping in the same clothes I wore the day before or am going to wear the day after.
I'm very similar. I pack a thin pair of pajama pants and a teeshirt in my carry on. I wait until after takeoff to change tho. They pack down to almost nothing in an exterior pocket of my roller.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:50 pm

linen only
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
This is exactly what I do. And if Im in a seat like MCE on AA at the window, I zip into a thin bag liner, put on some eyeshades and insert earplugs and I’m gone. I usually don’t have frequent trips to the head even on long hauls so I don’t usually bother my seat mates.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
+1
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
For transoceanic flights:
- I wear a grey T-shirt with a pocket, a black pair of chinos, and a black ScottEVest vest to the airport.
- I pack a black button down shirt, that goes over the T-shirt when I land
- I pack a pair of lightweight black pajama/lounging pants that I change into before takeoff and before landing.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:22 am

I prefer not to wear dress-shirts on long flights, but if you must, I'd go with the White Cutaway Shirt by Trashness®. Very breathable dobby twill cotton and doesn't or barely wrinkles.

Having said that. I usually fly with cargo pants and a light-weight t-shirt. And I keep a light-weight fleece in my backpack in case I get cold. I also take off my shoes as soon as I sit down on long flights.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:23 am

I bring PJ pants like scrubs or thin sweat pants and a T-shirt. As soon as I get on board I go to the bathroom and change out of my street clothes.
+1 ^^^
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:10 am
Suspended

I wear loose-fitting sweats. If necessary, I'd change to business attire in an airport restroom or lounge after the flight.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Juicy Couture all the way...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:15 pm

Thumbs up That's the right idea!

Originally Posted by envgeo
+1
SCOTTeVEST will get you through anything. ^^
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:15 pm

What you do is wear your suit when heading to the airport and boarding, find the handicap toilet, and thats where you change. I've seen folks wearing ragitty t-shirts and basketball shorts. I usually wear a t-shirt and pajamas even in first class.

But whatever floats your boat.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Change into PJ pants and a t-shirt on-board (usually after meal service) for me, though it's been several years since I've had an overnight in J/F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.