Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone own a Secrid men's wallet?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Does anyone own a Secrid men's wallet?

Does anyone own a Secrid men's wallet? Feedback and how many cards does it take. Or if you have another wallet with a pop-up card dispenser? Tired of sitting on a big fat wallet.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Some slim wallets I am intrigued about
  1. Minimo (this looks especially interesting)
  2. Sapling
  3. Machine Era
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
A friend of mine has the Secrid. He likes it so far. It feels a bit thick for me, but maybe I'm just being picky due to me preference for leather or "soft" wallets. That said, I really like the look of the Super Good Slim 2 wallet, although it is a bit pricey at $59.
http://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/blog...ew-slim-wallet
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...minimal-wallet
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:32 am

I've gone through a number of slim/front-pocket wallet. HuMn (metal plates + rubber band style), All-ett, Koyono Slimmy, the Picharpak Wa-Ben and a couple others whose names I can't remember.

I found the HuMn-style ones to be awkward - too much fumbling around to get the one thing in or out. The All-ett is thin, but a little big and somewhat graceless. The Slimmy is nice, but still a little thick and the corners started getting floppy. The Wa-Ben was my favorite for a while, but I eventually got tired of having non-breathable fabric against my thigh all the time.

So far, my favorite is the Decadent Minimalist DM-1 8-card aluminum. I carry 3 credit cards (2 flat, 1 embossed), license, insurance card, work badge and 2 $20 bills. I have the cash clip, but rarely use it. 3/8" thick, very light.

I might have to check out the Secrid. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:55 am

How does the DM-1 hold cards if it's a single piece?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I ordered a Secrid wallet for CAD $50 from Amazon.ca. Not sure if its a discontinued version and thats why its cheap or if its missing some key features. I will try it and post here. If I do not like it, my son will get a new (sort off) wallet. If I really like it, I might get the flashier models.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
for a useable slim wallet I'd recommend a Bellroy Note Sleeve. I keep about 10 cards in mine, with banknotes and it's still very thin I think, and also looks good. Not as thin as some of the minimalist wallets around, but that's the trade off for more features (SIM card slot etc)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:12 pm

Not sure if you're interested, but in the same boat as far as "slim wallets." I have the Exentri Wallet. I love mine as it is nice and small and fits the contents I need.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
How does the DM-1 hold cards if it's a single piece?
It has three sides, two long and one short. The long sides are slightly sprung and have a small catch at the ends. Cards slide in with a (satisfying) click and come out with a small amount of thumb pressure. I've never had a card slip out, and the whole thing isn't that much taller or wider than a credit card.

There's a currency clip option that slides in, taking up the space of one card, but I prefer just folding a couple of bills and sliding them in. It's not a great option if you use cash a lot, although if you're OK with a clip, it's probably workable.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:59 pm

I have a Secrid wallet, the one with two card compartments. I have the brown alligator leather print and really like it. I can get 5 embossed cards or 6 non-embossed cards in each section.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:04 am

Got a DM-1, it's working as advertised. Surprised it does but it does. The curious click sound when a card is inserted comes from the card clicking against the back wall. I am very satisfied.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:19 pm

Wow I need to check out that DM-1. I am using a Secrid Card Protector model, just the metal box seen here Secrid Card Protector Review. I really like the Secrid but am always on the lookout for something smaller and made strictly with metal. The Secrid has a plastic piece at the bottom which is the hinge that operates the sliding mechanism.

Ordering a DM-1 tonight!
Old May 18, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
I've carried a Ridge Wallet for a number of years. It's RFID blocking, looks good and still holds a decent number of cards too. They make versions with money clips and with elastic bands to hold bills with, I, personally, went with the band version because it's annoying when the metal money clips dig into my thighs when sitting or walking. But they're really well made and I've carried mine around the world for years now.
Old May 18, 2020, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Jeff
I've carried a Ridge Wallet for a number of years. It's RFID blocking, looks good and still holds a decent number of cards too. They make versions with money clips and with elastic bands to hold bills with, I, personally, went with the band version because it's annoying when the metal money clips dig into my thighs when sitting or walking. But they're really well made and I've carried mine around the world for years now.
+1 for Ridge. Had mine for 3 years now. Bought a green version which they don't sell anymore. Also got elastic band but that is wearing off. Really happy with it and would buy one again if needed.

​​​​​
Old May 18, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
+1 for Ridge. Had mine for 3 years now. Bought a green version which they don't sell anymore. Also got elastic band but that is wearing off. Really happy with it and would buy one again if needed.

​​​​​
the nice thing is that you can buy replacement elastic if yours ever wears out. I’ve got a spare I bought because I was concerned that mine was wearing thin, but that was three years ago and it still hasn’t loosened. But at least I have a replacement on bad should I ever need it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.