Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

B+R Domestic Wide Body Spinner - Where to Find?

Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I've been to a few stores that sell B+R bags looking for what I remember as the "domestic" version of the wide body spinner. Every store is telling me it does not exist, and tries to sell the international version, which is too small. I just checked BR online, and I don't see the domestic bag anymore, but a google search turned up this link:

http://sharonluggage.com/index.php/b...y-spinner.html

I know I'm not crazy because I saw this bag before, and I wanted it as a replacement for my domestic wide body 2-wheel, but when I got around to actually buy it, it seemed to disappear.

Regardless of carry-on measurements and sizers, etc., does anyone know where this bag might still exist?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
That's the U122SP right? It's everywhere if you search by that SKU
Amazon.com: Briggs & Riley @ Baseline Luggage Baseline Domestic Carry-On Spinner Bag, Black, Medium: Clothing Amazon.com: Briggs & Riley @ Baseline Luggage Baseline Domestic Carry-On Spinner Bag, Black, Medium: Clothing
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
That is the regular body...I was looking for the larger, wide body version.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:34 pm

You're probably going to have to check luggage discounters, because it seems like it might be discontinued.

There's this one, but it's not a spinner, just a wheeled upright.

You might try giving Savinar Luggagein Los Angeles a call - they seem to have some discounted older styles.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

these guys have it

http://www.londonluggage.com/
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
That is the regular body...I was looking for the larger, wide body version.
The larger, widebody version you are referring to is called the U121CXSPW which is basically the best-selling U122CX that's an inch shorter, an inch wider, and is the non-US or "international" sized bag. They like them shorter and wider in Europe, we like them taller and narrower in the US. "International" is more like a square, "Domestic" is the traditional upright rectangle.

http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/typ...e-body-spinner

Anything larger from B&R in this 'square' look is not a carry-on but a checked bag. Your memory mixed-up "international" with "domestic". B&R only makes an international widebody. All domestic carry-on's can't be a widebody or they aren't domestic. The U121CXSPW is what you want or you want another brand.

BJ

Last edited by boltjames; Jan 27, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Lazar luggage also has some in stock http://m.lazarsluggage.com/brribaincaon.html
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boltjames
The larger, widebody version you are referring to is called the U121CXSPW which is basically the best-selling U122CX that's an inch shorter, an inch wider, and is the non-US or "international" sized bag. They like them shorter and wider in Europe, we like them taller and narrower in the US. "International" is more like a square, "Domestic" is the traditional upright rectangle.

http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/typ...e-body-spinner

Anything larger from B&R in this 'square' look is not a carry-on but a checked bag. Your memory mixed-up "international" with "domestic". B&R only makes an international widebody. All domestic carry-on's can't be a widebody or they aren't domestic. The U121CXSPW is what you want or you want another brand.

BJ
I talked directly to BR about this. There was a domestic widebody spinner, and it was a much larger bag than the current international version, but it was discontinued. I was hoping there is some old stock out there unsold, but it does not appear there is.

Apparently BR has a panic attack in their product design department every time the airlines shrink their posted carry-on limits, apparently ignorant that not every airline has such strict limits, and keeps turning out smaller and smaller carry-on bags that are becoming less and less useful.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:48 pm

I talked directly to BR about this. There was a domestic widebody spinner, and it was a much larger bag than the current international version, but it was discontinued. I was hoping there is some old stock out there unsold, but it does not appear there is.

Apparently BR has a panic attack in their product design department every time the airlines shrink their posted carry-on limits, apparently ignorant that not every airline has such strict limits, and keeps turning out smaller and smaller carry-on bags that are becoming less and less useful.

If you want a bag that fits to roll down the aisle on any 737, 757, 777, 767, A300 you don't want anything wider than the U122CX which is 14" wide, 15" if you count the protruding side handle and a luggage tag, a typical configuration. When I take 777's, my U122CX just barely makes it down the aisle, I can hear my luggage tag scraping against the business class lie-flat seats as I walk by.

The reason that B&R discontinued your "much larger bag" is because not only might it be challenged by a gate agent but it would have to be carried down the aisle of the typical jet. Check your bag, you'll have no problem, get what you want. But I'd take the advise of Briggs & Riley if I were you and get a narrower bag.

BJ
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Quote:

I talked directly to BR about this. There was a domestic widebody spinner,and it was a much larger bag than the current international version, but it was discontinued. I was hoping there is some old stock out there unsold, but it does not appear there is.

If you want a bag that fits to roll down the aisle on any 737, 757, 777, 767, A300 you don't want anything wider than the U122CX which is 14" wide, 15" if you count the protruding side handle and a luggage tag, a typical configuration. When I take 777's, my U122CX just barely makes it down the aisle, I can hear my luggage tag scraping against the business class lie-flat seats as I walk by.

The reason that B&R discontinued your "much larger bag" is because not only might it be challenged by a gate agent but it would have to be carried down the aisle of the typical jet. Check your bag, you'll have no problem, get what you want. But I'd take the advise of Briggs & Riley if I were you and get a narrower bag.

BJ
Since the discussion was regarding SPINNERS, the OP can turn the bag 90 degrees to roll down the aisle. I've yet to see a plane where you cannot easily roll a 9-10 inch bag down the aisle. So no, B&R did not discontinue the domestic wide body spinner because it wouldn't roll down the aisle. :roll eyes:
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Since the discussion was regarding SPINNERS, the OP can turn the bag 90 degrees to roll down the aisle. I've yet to see a plane where you cannot easily roll a 9-10 inch bag down the aisle. So no, B&R did not discontinue the domestic wide body spinner because it wouldn't roll down the aisle.
Only women use spinners and the OP is a male.

BJ
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Only women use spinners and the OP is a male.

BJ
The OP requested assistance in finding the B&R spinner.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Not to take this OT, but what is the appeal of a wide-body bag?
I havent bought a new B&R yet, because the one I want only come as wide-body bags.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by dimramon
I havent bought a new B&R yet, because the one I want only come as wide-body bags.
For spinners wide body is more stable. Also more space to place your personal item when stacked on top.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dimramon
I can fit far more into my wide body bag and I prefer the shape. Shame on BR for not giving customers a choice and making size decisions for them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.