Wiki Posts
Search

MUJI USA's online store is back!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
MUJI USA's online store is back!

It's taken forever (okay since last summer) to get the site up again after it apparently got hacked, but they're now apparently operational again to meet American needs for reasonably priced Japanese-designed travel gadgetry.

http://www.muji.us/store/

Beyond their designated 'Travel' category they sell all kind of useful odds and ends like their screw together pill storage towers that are the perfect size for storing small earrings and rings while on the road.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by beachmouse
It's taken forever (okay since last summer) to get the site up again after it apparently got hacked, but they're now apparently operational again to meet American needs for reasonably priced Japanese-designed travel gadgetry.

Beyond their designated 'Travel' category they sell all kind of useful odds and ends like their screw together pill storage towers that are the perfect size for storing small earrings and rings while on the road.
Apparently they won't even let you look at their site unless you subscribe to their newsletter. No way to get past the "SUBSCRIBE MUJI USA NEWSLETTER" screen without providing address and first and last name. Not interested. I guess I could just make up the info, but I just don't want to deal with a company like this.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Drummer
Quote:

Originally Posted by beachmouse

Apparently they won't even let you look at their site unless you subscribe to their newsletter. No way to get past the "SUBSCRIBE MUJI USA NEWSLETTER" screen without providing address and first and last name. Not interested. I guess I could just make up the info, but I just don't want to deal with a company like this.
Looks like poor design or an open attempt to get people's info by hiding the "x" to opt out. Click anywhere outside the box asking for your details and you'll be able to browse without subscribing.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH M+M
There's a little text link *above* the upper-right corner reading 'close'. Click that to get rid of the newsletter-box.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:44 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Shucks, I like their chestnut tea. (Then again, I still haven't seen food/drinks sold in their NY stores.)
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I still couldn't get out of the newsletter box after signing up for the newsletter, but refreshing the page made the 'close' at the top right of the newsletter box.

Their inventory in store outside of Japan can seem a bit random, and I seem to remember there being something in the snacks/tea category before the site went down. I just wish they'd bring back the old down-flannel-nylon travel blankets. I'm one of those people that gets cold easily and not only is it warmer than what any airplane will give you, it also has snaps along the side that lets you wear it as a skirt or cape and it folds down into its own pocket and takes up about as much space as a toiletries kit. If they ever reappear as an item, I've got a list of people to buy them for as gifts.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: US Gold
What's specially Japanese about beanbags?

wg
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Drummer
Apparently they won't even let you look at their site unless you subscribe to their newsletter.
I clicked OP link and got in without any problems ????
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
http://www.muji.us/store/shrink-wrap...owel-navy.html anyone knows the weight of this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.