Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Looking for a minimalistic Laptop bag

Old Dec 17, 15, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for this for a long time, thought I would post it out here to see if anyone has any ideas.

Looking for a very minimalistic Laptop bag that is still set up for the frequent traveler.

It should hold a 13" Macbook air, iPad, and a charger.

Also should have a shoulder strap, and the ability to slide over the handle of my rollerboard.

Ideally it's not any thicker then it has to be to accomplish the above. Lots of bags do the above, but always have enough room for a couple laptops, magazines, etc.

Even better would be for it to be a nice looking leather case.

Final disqualifier is any that hold the laptop vertical, they look too purse like for me.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 18, 15, 10:34 am

what's your budget?
Old Dec 18, 15, 11:48 am

I've recommended Travelteq's Messenger before (3" deep), but it sounds like you want it to be as slim as Booq's Taipan (1.6" deep).
Old Dec 18, 15, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Wow, the Booq looks near perfect. Any other suggestions in that similar size in leather or more upscale?

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 15, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Budget is really open. I saw one bag that was from Bally that almost fit the bill, but was $1400, and that was silly expensive, but higher end is ok.
Old Dec 18, 15, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Briggs & Riley has thin profile ballistic ones with the slip over rollaboard strap/shoulder strap - look at contact and connect lines, sounds like you could get away with the small size
Old Dec 24, 15, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by flyboy_421 View Post
Wow, the Booq looks near perfect. Any other suggestions in that similar size in leather or more upscale?

Thanks!
I think you are gonna like this one.

http://www.travelteq.com/en/briefcase-all-leather.html
Old Jan 10, 16, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mellonc View Post
I think you are gonna like this one.

http://www.travelteq.com/en/briefcase-all-leather.html
I just saw this reply. Thank you this looks really nice. I just need to find one I can touchy feely for that kind of money

Search this Thread
Search Engine: