Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good laptop bag ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone recommend a good laptop bag ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Not sure if you are still in the market, but I have been very happy with the Bolt by Waterfield Designs. https://www.sfbags.com/collections/m...bolt-briefcase. Not too big. I do a lot of work with CEOs and senior execs and this is formal enough when needed but more casual than other bags I looked at.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Has anyone used this backpack from Everki,

Flight travel backpack

My question I thought the laptop has to come out of the bag, not sure if this was true or not.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I have the Everki Versa backpack. It is great and holds a lot. The laptop compartment lies flat when you send it through the x-ray machine. You do not take it out of the bag.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:58 pm

STM bags are quite good (I used to have a Velo), but there are a few things I found as time went by. (this was over several years and it took a beating on the road)

The bag went floppy(ier).
The material started to pill (loose threads)
The zipper, where the laptop lives, kept jamming on the corner and eventually broke.

STM bags have a really good design and you could keep lots of stuff there (I actually used to take change of clothes etc for an overnight trip), but thats also a bad thing as it would invariably stay full of stuff that I didn't really need to lug around.

I moved to a smaller/slimline Tumi messenger bag, that I cant keep as much in there, to stop me from filling it up.

That 'Trust' model looks more rigidly designed and the material and zip looks heavier duty. I would have probably picked it as a replacement, if I didn't want to downsize.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:53 pm

my wife got a laptop tote with a charger and it drew attention at the airport security. Fun times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.