Search

Recommend Me a Samsonite "Personal Item" Bag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
Recommend Me a Samsonite "Personal Item" Bag

Hello,

I'm a Star Alliance Gold for many years now and been traveling with my Samsonite B-Lite (Original Collection) and my Samsonite Network DLX Laptop Bag. Airlines I use are Singapore Airlines (As I'm based out of this Island), Eva Airways and United. I travel mid haul international most of the time hopping the pacific. I will have 1 trans-continental trip next week end taking the red eyed between SFO and JFK. Currently I feel that the Samsonite Network DLX Laptop Bag is not as big as I would like it to be as now I travel with 2 Laptops, 1 Noise Canceling headphones, travel pillow and so on (1 Macbook Air 13" & Toshiba 15.4" plus an iPad) Currently I am looking for a bag which I can use as a Personal Item which can be taken to the board room if needed as a work bag. My main carryon is a Samsonite B-Lite 20 Inch Spinner. Which i pack my overnight and lounge shower kit. So this bag must be able to piggyback on it. I notice online that there is a Samsonite Underseater Small
Amazon Amazon
which have some dubious sizing as considered as a Personal Item by certain airlines. Any other suggestions or recommendations?

Regards

StudioBoss
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
So, the United Published personal item limit: 9"x10"x17" Actual sizer dimensions: 9"x11"x18" . Finding anything rolling on the market below 12.5" is very hard because you can only put small laptops if at all in them (that underseater for eg is 13"). The Samsonite Savor 18" http://www.ebags.com/product/samsoni...ed-tote/275054 (USA only and possibly no longer in the USA even) and the American Tourister 17" (Canada only)
Amazon Amazon
are the only candidates I am aware of. I have the latter, it's a one trip bag, as there's nothing to keep the bottom of the bag off the ground as you drag it, it'll get torn.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
My intention is I am looking for something in addition to my full size cabin bag (The B-Lite 20 Inch Spinner) but for things I want to reach for during the flight. It is a pain at any rate to reach for the full size roll-on during the flight if I forgotten something like changing SIM cards and such. And there is no way to fit a travel pillow with 2 laptops and my headphones in my Network DLX bag. How about the http://www.ebags.com/product/samsoni...4&cartItemId=1 does that fit or I am looking at the wrong items, EVA Airways and Singapore Airlines always weigh your carryon so something lighter would be better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.