VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
Looks like an interesting, premium product. I would certainly like to see how it measures up against the Lat56 setup, which is the closest in terms of premium offerings, and is tried/tested/true, after lengthy use (I've taken Lat's products on hundreds of TATL flights, and over a million miles).
Old May 20, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Hey Leftax, any chance you can give an update. I'm really in need of a bag for my suit for trips to Asia. This looks promising as a carry on but I'm going to wait for a US version since 90% of my flights are domestic to west coast.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Emirates Skywards, Hertz President’s Circle, Leading Hotels of the World
Originally Posted by johnathome
Hey Leftax, any chance you can give an update. I'm really in need of a bag for my suit for trips to Asia. This looks promising as a carry on but I'm going to wait for a US version since 90% of my flights are domestic to west coast.
Hi. The bag is terrific and performs according to the maker's claims. But, it is pretty small. I use it only when I absolutely, positively need a great-looking suit at my destination; otherwise it just doesn't have enough room for me. I can get by only by also taking a large secondary carry-on (Monyker JW Weekender -- highly recommended). I love the look and performance of the Vocier, but I can recommend it only with the aforementioned reservation about capacity. Perhaps more efficient packers would not find it to be an issue. Good luck.

Edit: Note that if you overpack the main compartment of the Vocier, it defeats the anti-wrinkle capabilities of the suit carrier. You cannot stuff it to the point where the zippers are difficult to close and expect your suit to come out pristine.
johnathome likes this.

Last edited by leftax; May 20, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reason: Additinal info
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
Would you mind sharing what goes into your bag, keeping it at the "wrinkle free" limit?

Originally Posted by leftax
Hi. The bag is terrific and performs according to the maker's claims. But, it is pretty small. I use it only when I absolutely, positively need a great-looking suit at my destination; otherwise it just doesn't have enough room for me. I can get by only by also taking a large secondary carry-on (Monyker JW Weekender -- highly recommended). I love the look and performance of the Vocier, but I can recommend it only with the aforementioned reservation about capacity. Perhaps more efficient packers would not find it to be an issue. Good luck.

Edit: Note that if you overpack the main compartment of the Vocier, it defeats the anti-wrinkle capabilities of the suit carrier. You cannot stuff it to the point where the zippers are difficult to close and expect your suit to come out pristine.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Poster

4 wheeler is now available!!

Dear Flyertalkers,

it is my great privilege to inform you that we have finally made your wishes come true and launched the new 4-wheeler Model. Please see here:
https://www.vocier.com/product/avant-carry-on-luggage/

We have really taken our time with this one because the amount of Innovation that is inside this luggage is beyond anything else out there. In addition to the ZeroCrease function and FastPass Function you all know and love from the well known C38 and F38, this new Avant 4-Wheeler Carry-On has a System called "Interlink" - an amazingly simple way to seemlessly attach all kinds of modular bags to the luggage.
Then there are really special wheels and a trolley construction that is made of Magnesium and Aluminium, not Plastic.
And there is so much more... Please have a look and tell us what you think!

Hope you like it. I will take the liberty to talk a little bit about all the details of the luggage in the coming days and weeks here.
As always, happy to answer any questions here directly or via [email protected]

best,
Michael

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:33 pm

The Avant looks really cool and I'm interested! I know that you have offered promotional codes before - any chance of one for this? Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Hi Will, thanks for your comments. We had a pre-order-and-wait discount on the luggage but this has ended just a few days ago unfortunately. Let me talk internally and get back to you. I think a flyertalker discount might be a nice idea!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

pre-order discount for flyertalkers!!

Great news!! We decided to give the flyertalk community a special pre-order discount of 10% on the whole collection.

to claim your discount, simply write „Flyertalker“ into the coupon code box at checkout.

Please note, this coupon is only valid until 15th of February 2019

enjoy:-)

as always, for questions please feel free to write here or write to [email protected]

Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:36 am

F38 for sale

I have a F38, in excellent condition, for sale.

If anyone is interested, contact me here.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:05 am

Feedback Avant

Hello everyone
Does anyone has feedback on the brilliant Avant?
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Promotion

Hi, am keen to try c38, but wondering if theres any promotion going on for this right now
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Supam
Hello everyone
Does anyone has feedback on the brilliant Avant?
Thanks
thanks for saying it is brilliant
since there are no takers to your question yet, I should introduce the key advantages over the C38:

- 4 Wheels
- lighter than C38
- Interlink: lets you connect briefcase, holdall, or workbag directly on the front, seamless and secure (see video on our homepage)
- wide handle for added comfort when moving through tight aisles and so on
- also has a fast pass comparable to the C38, which is however faster to open than on the C38, but with the disadvantage that the opening is not as wide
- works just as well with zero crease package as the C38
- zero crease is optional extra so the luggage also works really well as a normal standard luggage
- fabric is a little stronger than on C38

advantages the C38 has:
you can hang the whole luggage with a hook

hope that helps a little bit, you can message us here any time or also contact us directly at [email protected]
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cepheusc
Hi, am keen to try c38, but wondering if theres any promotion going on for this right now
sorry, no promotion at the moment as we are low on stock
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by VOCIER
since there are no takers to your question yet, I should introduce the key advantages over the C38:

- 4 Wheels
- lighter than C38
- Interlink: lets you connect briefcase, holdall, or workbag directly on the front, seamless and secure (see video on our homepage)
- also has a fast pass comparable to the C38, which is however faster to open than on the C38, but with the disadvantage that the opening is not as wide
- zero crease is optional extra so the luggage also works really well as a normal standard luggage

advantages the C38 has:

hope that helps a little bit, you can message us here any time or also contact us directly at [email protected]
Originally Posted by VOCIER

- 4 Wheels
- lighter than C38

advantages the C38 has:

Thank you. You are very reactve.
I do quite love the wide handle that frees internal flat space (comfort maybe as well but less important to me). This is THE handle design that I was hoping for and a very strong push to buy. Nice interior too. Love to see zero crease removable.
You mention ball bearings for the wheels. Are they actually on the wheels or on the wheel vertical axis? On both?? True ball bearings on wheel horizontal axis would be another strong push to buy.
The external fabrics seems prone to catch dust and stains. Any comments? How to clean?
The ykk zipper is shining (not my preferred old style but ok) but more importantly not exactly fluid. I found in shop that it was sort of blocking in angles. As I first seek functionality, I thought this might need improvement? I should add parafine may be? Would this improve over time? Also, is it actually durable?
Interlink is quite exclusive to Vocier and I wonder how to use my own bag. With wide handle, it not so obvious that I can fit my bag. I would need an interlink hook? Or of course accept to quit my other much appreciated computer bag and become a full Vocier man. Hmm... a stronger decision...and not only for the extra €.

Anyhow quite well done differentiation. Impressive. Vocier will be a success, even more.
I still need to decide if I will be an early adopter or wait for field tested V2 but Avant is clearly on my list at some point.

Also still hoping to get user direct feedback...

Philippe
[email protected]
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA
The Avant looks amazing. Too bad it's 4 wheels. You can't please everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.