Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JMN57
If you could make the wheels removable, I would bet 90% of the time they won't be removed but if one is challenged, then one COULD remove the wheels and then still make the limits. That would be a GREAT solution. Also, if you could make them removable as a spinner, that would be a home run (hopefully you Europeans will understand what that is).
I'm sorry, but isn't that a solution just looking for a problem?

I have my spinner, gate agent stops me and says "size that bag." No problem - I take the wheels off. It fits.

Now what do I do with the wheels? Am I expected to leave enough room for the wheels in my bag every time I fly? Do I throw them out? Wait until the gate agent isn't looking and pop them back on? I don't get it.

Seems to add a lot of weight to an already heavy bag for a solution which is sub-optimal at best, no?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Boogie711
I'm sorry, but isn't that a solution just looking for a problem?

I have my spinner, gate agent stops me and says "size that bag." No problem - I take the wheels off. It fits.

Now what do I do with the wheels? Am I expected to leave enough room for the wheels in my bag every time I fly? Do I throw them out? Wait until the gate agent isn't looking and pop them back on? I don't get it.

Seems to add a lot of weight to an already heavy bag for a solution which is sub-optimal at best, no?
Not if the removed wheels are not bulky and can be put into a pocket in the bag or personal item. For example, if each wheel was like an office chair caster with a stem that inserted into the bag that were "locked" in and there was a way of "unlocking" them so they could be detached you would have 4 relatively unbulky casters to store.

Once you take the wheels off, you put them in the bag and carry the bag onto the plane.

Why would one do this? Frankly, existing spinners surrender a substantial proportion of the length of the bag & storage space to accommodate the spinner wheels. This method would make the compartment larger and better able to handle a suit. Spinners typically have a 20" compartment rather than a 22" one in a two wheeler.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

yes, we would make the removable spinner wheels as compact as possible, without scarifying roll comfort of course. They could be put in a jacket pocket or the top opening of the luggage I presume.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

we have also asked some people in our community now.

the opinions on our 4-wheeler removable-wheels idea are quite mixed. many think its great. but several people think it is too much trouble, so, not sure whether we should really do it this way

maybe we'll have to develop a different system altogether.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:01 pm

Why don't you do some advertising for a 4-wheeler and offer it on a limited time basis. Then if it sells you can continue the line. If it does not then you can dis-continue the line. If you proceed with my idea then you should send me a version of it and I will post my experience with it.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:23 pm

I am slightly offended that this is only being marketed to the global nomadic gentleman and not the gentlewoman too. I don't travel with a suit any more, but I used to. I do travel with blazers and other jackets that need to arrive wrinkle free.

How much does it weigh? I looked around your website but couldn't readily find the weight and was becoming increasingly irritated by your omission of female global nomads from your target market.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Very interesting design. It takes the theory of bundle-wrapping and makes it very easy to apply.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VOCIER
55x40x20cm - it complies with international IATA standards^
... but sadly not with many US airlines standards:

56x35x23cm
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Mark_T

56x35x23cm
Which brings me to another suggestion. Make a model that fits US carry on standards if you want to capture the US market. 22x14x9 inches.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:07 pm

This is a nice looking case... I'm actually in the market for a carry-on and I do think this is quite stylish. Which is a rare feat to accomplish while also being practical and functional. I've never really been impressed with Tumi or Rimowa in that sense. I've always thought they look hideous and frankly way too common and overhyped.

But having said that, while I'm greatly interested in this... I won't buy it. Price is not the issue. But just the lack of detailed information by way of pictures/videos on your site. Yes, you have some but those don't show much and not really that clear. I would also like to see more information on how many other items can be fit into it. After 2 suits, a pair of shoes, how many shirts, pants, underwear/socks can fit in here? What's the laptop compartment look like? How much space is there?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I love the look of your luggage and would be interested, with a couple of concerns. As one more road warrior who usually works with C-suite at clients (plus some very wealthy business owners), I could use a more elegant looking luggage. Function matters to me more than form. I am using a Kirkland spinner (http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signa...100080005.html) rather than my Tumi International two-wheel carry-on. Both can fit a suit (but both rumple suits). Because I usually fly business or first, I have now taken to just never putting the garment sleeve from the bag inside the bag and hanging it as soon as I get it on the plane. But, there is always a danger I will forget.

To take care of a week back, I strongly prefer 4 wheels to 2 wheels.

To keep things light, I use a painfully class-free bag from CaseLogic that cost me $23 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Your briefcase looks good, though I am not sure I would be able to stuff in the various electronic items I take with me (Apple powerbrick; international power adapter, travel extension cord, charger and cables for ipad and phone, emergency battery power for phone, plus glasses, business cards, ibuprofen, etc.). I also have a shoulder strap that I love -- really spreads the weight out well (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rap_Black.html). I doubt that your clever leather strap solution works as well. Are there hooks to attach an external strap to?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
If they worked for me per above, I might go for the 4 wheel roller, the briefcase and the toiletry kit. Function with form beats price for me.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onehitrenegade
This is a nice looking case... I'm actually in the market for a carry-on and I do think this is quite stylish. Which is a rare feat to accomplish while also being practical and functional. I've never really been impressed with Tumi or Rimowa in that sense. I've always thought they look hideous and frankly way too common and overhyped.

But having said that, while I'm greatly interested in this... I won't buy it. Price is not the issue. But just the lack of detailed information by way of pictures/videos on your site. Yes, you have some but those don't show much and not really that clear. I would also like to see more information on how many other items can be fit into it. After 2 suits, a pair of shoes, how many shirts, pants, underwear/socks can fit in here? What's the laptop compartment look like? How much space is there?
thanks for your suggestions. we will be shooting a video next week that shows the packaging process with our luggage
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mark_T

56x35x23cm
actually, MOST airlines worldwide have some sort of double standard: its abxcdxed cm OR 115cm=lenght+height+depth

the C38 fulfills these criteria (55+40+20) and in fact, we have NEVER EVER had any customer from the US complain that the luggage was not accepted as carry-on
...and we have LOTS of customers from the US, almost a third of revenue so far.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA GS
9x14x22

The fact that Vocier does not meet UA standards is the only reason I did not order one. It looks like an excellent design.

UA and the other U.S. carriers do not really enforce their bag size policies much, but I am still hesitant to invest in a bag that does not comply. There is some possibility that they may step up enforcement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.