VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: *G
design looks pretty smart. es sieht gut aus!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Qatar Airways Privilege, Clan LoganAir

Congratulations, it looks very crisp and stylish and the suit system will probably work as well. Good to have more choice in the world of luggage, because we really haven't got quite enough to talk about here(!). I'm not so sure about the leather carry handles, however. They don't look particularly comfortable for the hand, especially with a heavy case, and I suspect that after not very much use they will start to flap around untidily rather than staying neatly as per the photos. Easy to fix in the next version, however.

Last edited by RobCH; Mar 13, 2015 at 3:57 am
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster

thanks for the kind words guys The leather straps are held together with some strong magnetic buttons, so they stay put in the position shown in the pictures.
Also under normal rolling use, the magnets are strong enough to hold everything tightly together.

However, if you then decide to use these handles, you can just grab them and the magnets will come loose.
In our Video you can see this process, how the handles are first held in place and then the hand opens one handle, and it comes loose.

You are right though: they are not particularly comfortable. Not uncomfortable either, but also not totally super-comfortable. This was a design decision we had to make because we wanted the handles to be compact and use very little space. We are currenty thinking of how we could improve that.

You won't be using them that often though, its an upright rolling luggage so the top handle is where you will grab the C38 most of the times.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Qatar Airways Privilege, Clan LoganAir
Originally Posted by VOCIER
thanks for the kind words guys The leather straps are held together with some strong magnetic buttons, so they stay put in the position shown in the pictures.
Also under normal rolling use, the magnets are strong enough to hold everything tightly together.

However, if you then decide to use these handles, you can just grab them and the magnets will come loose.
In our Video you can see this process, how the handles are first held in place and then the hand opens one handle, and it comes loose.

You are right though: they are not particularly comfortable. Not uncomfortable either, but also not totally super-comfortable. This was a design decision we had to make because we wanted the handles to be compact and use very little space. We are currenty thinking of how we could improve that.

You won't be using them that often though, its an upright rolling luggage so the top handle is where you will grab the C38 most of the times.
Ah, understood. There is certainly at least one way to use magnets to allow some greater padding for comfort while keeping the handles stored even more neatly, and not requiring any more projection beyond the surface of the case than the current overlap configuration requires. Good luck.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:35 am

I love the product and will buy it if it meets one condition: 4 wheels.
Does the c38 model have 4 wheels so you can push it as you walk ?

Such a feature comes really handy especially inside the plane where you can roll it sideways and doesn't bump into seats.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxymore_
I love the product and will buy it if it meets one condition: 4 wheels.
Does the c38 model have 4 wheels so you can push it as you walk ?

Such a feature comes really handy especially inside the plane where you can roll it sideways and doesn't bump into seats.
I'm confused by this. I don't use a "spinner," yet have no trouble at all pushing my 2-wheeler down the aisle. Why would one be unable to do so?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:08 am

I have received approval from moderator Wharvey before starting this thread.

We are a small startup from Austria and have developed a unique luggage that can carry your suit essentially wrinkle-free in a carry-on size:
https://www.vocier.com/product/c38/
The product, as well as the handle of the product, are patented internationally.

The product has just launched but has already received the internationally acclaimed iF Design Award 2015. We are sharing this honor with brands such as BMW, Apple, Sony or Bang&Olufsen.

This is our official thread - we won't be spamming you, but we would like to be there for your questions and feedback.
Especially in this early stage of our company it is important for us to receive your feedback, and we also want to provide a channel for you where you can post your questions in the most efficient way.

This thread will be managed by me, Michael, the CEO and inventor of the products. YES this is ultimate proof that we are a very, very small company indeed

Our products are sold by the world's best tailors (such as Richard Anderson from London's Savile Row) as well as online. We ship worldwide free of charge, additionally all duties and taxes are paid by us.

Looking forward to hear from you!
I am the Hobo Prep, and live homeless in the Apple Store in Regent Street, and in F and in first class terminals, as I travel to Europe and Asia from time to time for small design jobs.

I have given away all of my possessions and live out of one case, a Rimowa Topas Stealth. I am greatly interested in your design and would like to know more.

Perhaps I could try one for you and write about whether it would be suitable for persons such as me, who live as vagabonds and travel on trains, fast trains, ferries and in F.

Please contact me here or at my Twitter or Tumblr or Reddit. I am interested.

The Hobo Prep
Always Homeward Bound
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
I'm confused by this. I don't use a "spinner," yet have no trouble at all pushing my 2-wheeler down the aisle. Why would one be unable to do so?
I have a 2-wheeler right now and swore to buy a 4-wheeler after I tried one. It's so much more comfortable. As for pulling a 2-wheeler down an aisle, it sometimes moves a little to the left or right when you're dragging it and starts hitting the chairs. Using a 4-wheeler I can have it in front of me and push it to its side (much narrower footprint) with no issues.

In any case I'm after a 4-wheeler simply because it's more convenient to push next to you whether in airport or in front of you inside a plane.

So does the c38 have 4-wheel spinners ? If not, then I'm gonna have to wait till the next model.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I actually PUSH in front of me (not PULL behind me) my 2 wheel suitcase down the aisle. It's a smaller 20" suitcase, but I find I have much better control over where it goes than when I pull it behind. You just have to be careful you don't hit the heels of the person in front of you
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:32 am

Congratulations on the launch.

I found your video and looked at it - its almost impossible to figure out if the bag lives up to the promise - its too dark and slick to be useful to a person who wants to find out if the bag holds up - its perfect for your brand message though.

Can you post a video under normal lighting conditions of you or some one in your company packing a week's long worth of clothes into the bag? I use a Gate 8, which is sold at around 1/6th your price and don't have a problem with your price even though its very expensive, as long as it really is as good as your website states.

I have received approval from moderator Wharvey before starting this thread.

We are a small startup from Austria and have developed a unique luggage that can carry your suit essentially wrinkle-free in a carry-on size:
https://www.vocier.com/product/c38/
The product, as well as the handle of the product, are patented internationally.

The product has just launched but has already received the internationally acclaimed iF Design Award 2015. We are sharing this honor with brands such as BMW, Apple, Sony or Bang&Olufsen.

This is our official thread - we won't be spamming you, but we would like to be there for your questions and feedback.
Especially in this early stage of our company it is important for us to receive your feedback, and we also want to provide a channel for you where you can post your questions in the most efficient way.

This thread will be managed by me, Michael, the CEO and inventor of the products. YES this is ultimate proof that we are a very, very small company indeed

Our products are sold by the world's best tailors (such as Richard Anderson from London's Savile Row) as well as online. We ship worldwide free of charge, additionally all duties and taxes are paid by us.

Looking forward to hear from you!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,

regarding 4 wheels: Its VERY tricky to do our bag with four wheels, since the IATA limit of 55cm still holds, and you fight for every inch on a carry-on anyway. That being said: we have some ideas and are working on it will take some time tough...

HoboPrep, are you serious? You gave away all your possessions and live out of one case? sure lets get in contact!

Yeah, we are currently working on a "normal" video that shows how to pack the luggage. Will be out soon I hope. In the meantime, we have made a "how to pack site: https://www.vocier.com/how-to-pack/
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

regarding 4 wheels: Its VERY tricky to do our bag with four wheels, since the IATA limit of 55cm still holds, and you fight for every inch on a carry-on anyway. That being said: we have some ideas and are working on it will take some time tough...
I've suggested using removable wheels; maybe you can be the guys to implement that idea (remove the wheels after you put the bag in the bin, IOW).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
I've suggested using removable wheels; maybe you can be the guys to implement that idea (remove the wheels after you put the bag in the bin, IOW).
Hi MaxBuck, thats a great idea, in fact we already have had a prototype of such a wheel (I sent you a PM with the picture, do not want to post our developments too publicly...) We are currently trying to figure out if its really appealing/acceptable to remove the wheels?

For sure, to fit into the "bin" if and when its actually tested, thats no problem to remove the wheels for that I guess.
Them main impediment we were thinking of is: It may not fit in the overhead compartments on a plane with the wheels on:-(
...at least not longitudinally. So you might end up being the guy who annoys everybody, unless you remove the wheels on every single flight.

What do you guys think about this concept? Appealing or not? Let me know, very curious about that!!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:58 am

I think the use of leather is the weak link in this product. While leather looks nice new, it will look worn much faster then the other bag materials.

Shak
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Hi MaxBuck, thats a great idea, in fact we already have had a prototype of such a wheel (I sent you a PM with the picture, do not want to post our developments too publicly...) We are currently trying to figure out if its really appealing/acceptable to remove the wheels?

For sure, to fit into the "bin" if and when its actually tested, thats no problem to remove the wheels for that I guess.
Them main impediment we were thinking of is: It may not fit in the overhead compartments on a plane with the wheels on:-(
...at least not longitudinally. So you might end up being the guy who annoys everybody, unless you remove the wheels on every single flight.

What do you guys think about this concept? Appealing or not? Let me know, very curious about that!!
If you could make the wheels removable, I would bet 90% of the time they won't be removed but if one is challenged, then one COULD remove the wheels and then still make the limits. That would be a GREAT solution. Also, if you could make them removable as a spinner, that would be a home run (hopefully you Europeans will understand what that is).

Last edited by JMN57; Mar 19, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.