Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Laptop bag recommendations with luggage pass-through?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laptop bag recommendations with luggage pass-through?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:02 am
WLT

Just an update on my Everki Versa. I LOVE it!

It is well-organized and a very good size for me; holding my laptop, tablet and all the papers and "nick nacks" I need for business. It looks (feels and is) high-quality; not out of place when I'm traveling in a suit or whatnot. And it is extremely comfortable.

I will say that, like gotwoblue above, it does sit a little wide on my shoulders and the straps do seem a bit long but it is still very comfortable. In fact, the long straps and padded luggage pass-thru makes it the most comfortable (and probably most ergonomically correct) backpack I have ever owned.

Most bags, with shorter straps and no padding, put all their weight on the back of your shoulders. For the most part this is fine because that's where your strength is. But the bad part of that is because the weight is on the back of your shoulders, most people (like me) have a tendency to hunch over to carry the weight. Maybe not too much but most people still hunch over a little bit when carry a weight on their shoulders.

With the Everki Versa and it's relatively longer straps and padding, a portion of the weight rests on the small of your lower back, where your spine curves in. Consequently, it "forces" you to walk upright. And for me at least, it's a lot more comfortable.

I am not a doctor or chiropractor but I honestly think this bag is the most ergonomically correct backpack I have ever carried. It definitely is the most comfortable. If it seems like I am raving about my Everki Versa, it's only because I am.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Glad you love the bag as much as I (and powerlifter) do!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott, National, Avis
I'm hoping to get some guidance from those that are in the know. I'm searching for a new laptop/office bag for travel. I currently own at least a half dozen laptop bags but they're all nylon and I'm looking for something more waxed canvas, leather, or both. As an idea of the general look I'm interested in see some examples here:
http://a.co/exSz4c0
http://a.co/11r4kYm
http://a.co/2Ft0mNg
http://a.co/h0Tkd6J
I can't seem to find any bags that have the back-side luggage handle pass-through strap/pouch that aren't nylon. The pass-though is a must-have for me, which is why I chose to post in this thread. Some other requirements include:
-easy access (snaps, magnetic, or zippers; buckles take too long to access)
-no wheeled bags
-no backpacks. I'm looking for messenger/tote/brief style.
-padded pocket/pouch for a 15.6" laptop
-larger is better than smaller - I would like the bag to be at least 4" front to back.
-I like lots of accessory pockets. The more the better.

I prefer to keep the cost under $100. Thank you for any insight!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: *G
It's ridiculous how few bags have luggage pass-through option.
I really like Timbuk2's "Smith" briefcase/shoulder bag...but alas no luggage compatibility
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by WLT
kyee and powerlifter, how comfortable is your Everki Versa?
Since this got resurrected, I'll mention a third for the basic Everki design -- I've got the larger Atlas, and it's the most comfortable backpack (laptop or not) I've owned, even with about a ~25lb load including 3 laptops and a weekend's worth of clothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.