Fake Rimowa

Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ascotshoes
By you raising your concerns to eBay before delivery of the product, the seller had already been marked by Ebay Buyer Protection Officers. Lucky the seller legit all along.

5* to the seller.
Crikey!! Talk about quick to judge. For clarity.. I didn't mention the seller by name or even give them a sale ID. I told them about the general scenario and enquired about a potential risk in accepting the products which I had to have a friend pick up without me seeing them.

I asked the seller lots of questions and I was the gentleman throughout. Think I'm about to drop the gentleman bit. Kindly climb off your high horses or ride em somewhere else.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Paul Denison
Finally finally had these delivered by a friend today who picked them up for me. The wait was killing me.
To those who quickly said..."you've been had..." I'm glad to say I haven't
Do you mean started an investigation with eBay BEFORE even touching and feeling the bag you purchased? A little paranoia?

Originally Posted by Paul Denison
Apologise to whom? I didn't besmirch his character. I made enquiries to EBay that I wasn't 100% sure of the authenticity of the product and asked them whether, if I accepted receipt of the item, I would still be entitled to Ebays buyer protection period.
Again, looks like you're jumping the gun. What I merely suggested: since the bag was legitimate, irregardless of what may or may not have transpired during the transaction or delivery time, once you received and confirmed the actual product, it is normal protocol to give the seller a positive feedback.

Was it well packed?
Was communication good...especially when you asked him all those questions regarding serial number, etc.?
Delivery timely?
Product satisfactory?
Happy buyer?

If yes to above, that deserves a 5 star feedback, no?

Last edited by dtsm; Oct 19, 2014 at 8:32 am
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:05 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but figured it was better than starting a new one. Can anyone verify if this is a legit Cabin Plus? The seller provided the serial - is that something Rimowa can lookup?

Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Looks legit to me, but I'm no expert.

Rimowa must be able to check the s/n - I had luggage serviced for free, when they saw from the s/n that it was within warranty.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Looks legit to me, but I'm no expert.

Rimowa must be able to check the s/n - I had luggage serviced for free, when they saw from the s/n that it was within warranty.
Yup, Rimowa was great about checking the serial and verifying the photos. This one also has a lifetime warranty!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:09 pm

you can check the serial yourself. create an account at rimowa.com and add the serial number to your account
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by evor1
you can check the serial yourself. create an account at rimowa.com and add the serial number to your account
I did that as well. I would advise anyone buying verify the serial numbers on the rimowa website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.