Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any experience with Muji's carry-on?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

any experience with Muji's carry-on?

I'm thinking of buying a spinner and came across Muji's Below Pocket CO.

Has anyone had experience with it? I like Muji's products, but not sure how they fare in the CO world.

Cheers
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:03 pm

I have the earlier generation Muji Bellow without the wheel lock and like it quite a bit. My preference for suitcase split is to have a deeper compartment rather than clamshell 50/50 or 60/40 split. I don't think mine has a strap on the bottom to help pull it out in the wheels out position which is a slight disadvantage.

Capacity is a bit smaller than my two wheeled 22x14x9 Eagle Creek Load Warrior. I take the Muji to Japan and other parts of Asia where there is plenty of paved hard road and escalators. Sometimes it goes on international budget airlines as it meets some size requirements a bit better. The two wheeler goes to places with cobblestones, stairs, carpeting, hills, or needing a bit of extra storage.

Measurements:
Weight Lb 5.3 lbs
Weight Kg 2.4 kg
Size metric: 53 x 35 x 20 cm
L+W+H metric 108

The new one's depth seems to be a bit wider according to spec and should fit American legacy sizers if they are like UA's http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ch-2014-a.html.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:34 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I don't have any experience with the wheeled carry-ons, but the material (Oxford weave nylon) for their foldable Boston Bag, Boston Tote and backpack is not water resistant nor colourfast when saturated.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by tcl
I don't have any experience with the wheeled carry-ons, but the material (Oxford weave nylon) for their foldable Boston Bag, Boston Tote and backpack is not water resistant nor colourfast when saturated.
I have not saturated the bag with water, but I did put some weather proofing spray on it to help water bead up. http://www.grangers.co.uk/product.cf...12&productid=6 My bag is grey and waterproofing helps it clean off more easily.

To the OP - Are you looking for a spinner for frequent carry on travel? As much as I like the Bellows CO, I'd probably double my luggage budget if I was looking for a spinner which can survive a road warrior's life style. It is a nice case but the materials make it a "leisure use" bag. It is light and well priced, kind of like some compact cars.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Gold
I use Muji's hard sided luggage and carry on and I can say those ones are built very solidly. I've put them through pretty tough conditions and they've been perfectly fine.

It also seems to be the luggage line they are mainly trying to promote in stores.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:05 pm

I have an older model Muji carry-on from a trip to Japan 10 years ago and it's held up remarkably well. Muji items look basic but they are well thought out. When the luggage comes out of the baggage claim, I can recognize it from far away just by being the simplest design on the carousel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.