Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs & Riley + Tumi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Briggs & Riley + Tumi

Does a Tumi Alpha T-Pass brief fit over the handle of a Briggs & Riley suitcase? From the pictures online, it looks like the B&R handles are wider than what my current suitcase has, and they don't have any retailers convenient to me to try it out in person. Having my briefcase not fit over the handle would be a true showstopper, so if anyone has direct experience with this, I'd really appreciate it.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Cardboard55
Does a Tumi Alpha T-Pass brief fit over the handle of a Briggs & Riley suitcase? From the pictures online, it looks like the B&R handles are wider than what my current suitcase has, and they don't have any retailers convenient to me to try it out in person. Having my briefcase not fit over the handle would be a true showstopper, so if anyone has direct experience with this, I'd really appreciate it.
I looked at Tumi bags a few months ago and couldn't find one that would fit over my B&R handle. The only 'regular' brand I could find that did was some of the Samsonite range, or obviously B&R's own.

I ended up getting one from Dunhill that fits perfectly but cost more $$$.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
I have the medium alpha t pass ballistic and the small, they both fit over the B&R handle.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Just to follow up, I managed to find a local store with the B&R in stock, and my Tumi bag fit over the handle with no trouble whatsoever. On the Travelpro Crew9, it was slightly tight to get over the top of the handle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.