Search

Question about Briggs & Riley Luggage - 21" Carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Question about Briggs & Riley Luggage - 21" Carry-on - U421LX

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...130917195329:s
- it's on Overstock.com for $260, and there's a $30 off $20 coupon online, making it $230 shipped. Seems to be the cheapest by far I can find anywhere for a Briggs & Riley carryon. I already have a Samsonite 12 21' carryon spinner that I love, and this one isn't a spinner, but the lifetime warranty is intriguing. I don't really travel for work, but we do vacation several times a year, and I'd like to have a good carryon for my wife, especially with the thought that if anything breaks, it will be fixed for free, forever.

Asking the community for thoughts? I already ordered it today, but then saw it wasn’t a spinner, and now I’m torn.

Thanks.

Last edited by yoshapman; Sep 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm Reason: Updating Item Number
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by yoshapman
http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...130917195329:s
- it's on Overstock.com for $260, and there's a $30 off $20 coupon online, making it $230 shipped. Seems to be the cheapest by far I can find anywhere for a Briggs & Riley carryon. I already have a Samsonite 12 21' carryon spinner that I love, and this one isn't a spinner, but the lifetime warranty is intriguing. I don't really travel for work, but we do vacation several times a year, and I'd like to have a good carryon for my wife, especially with the thought that if anything breaks, it will be fixed for free, forever.

Asking the community for thoughts? I already ordered it today, but then saw it wasn’t a spinner, and now I’m torn.

Thanks.
Great product. Great price. But for me, I only would buy it because it is not a spinner.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I can certainly vouch for this product. We own 2, black for me, olive for my wife. They are over 7 years old, and have almost a million miles on them. I've also used their lifetime warranty 3x, the first couple of times the handle ripped off due to airline mishandling. The last time, the bag got caught between the luggage rack and roller mechanism, handle and carry handle broke and bag lost its structural integrity. Luckily no damage to the contents, but I bet that a cheap bag would not have stood up to the damage. Needless to say, B&R repaired, and the airline paid for the shipping.

Regarding their lifetime warranty, please check if there is a location where you live that does the repair on site. Otherwise its $35.00 shipping, at least here in Chicago.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
I can certainly vouch for this product. We own 2, black for me, olive for my wife. They are over 7 years old, and have almost a million miles on them. I've also used their lifetime warranty 3x, the first couple of times the handle ripped off due to airline mishandling. The last time, the bag got caught between the luggage rack and roller mechanism, handle and carry handle broke and bag lost its structural integrity. Luckily no damage to the contents, but I bet that a cheap bag would not have stood up to the damage. Needless to say, B&R repaired, and the airline paid for the shipping.

Regarding their lifetime warranty, please check if there is a location where you live that does the repair on site. Otherwise its $35.00 shipping, at least here in Chicago.
Thanks, there are quite a few places near me that can do most repairs, so I feel comfortable with my order. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Check out Sierra Trading...sign up for their newsletter and get an additional 30% off bring the price of the bag to $196. Olive only which I actually prefer to be a bit different from my otherwise all black collection.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crp5
Check out Sierra Trading...sign up for their newsletter and get an additional 30% off bring the price of the bag to $196. Olive only which I actually prefer to be a bit different from my otherwise all black collection.
Thanks, saw this after but with tax and shipping not too big a diff. They do occasionally have 40% off codes, but the bag is 1 inch smaller, so for the small difference in price I think I'll just stick with what I have.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:08 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
The only thing that stands out is that the side panels, that expand the luggage, look like they're along the length in this model whereas in the current model, on the R&B website, they're on the ends.
I went ahead and ordered anyway. I had been looking at a R&B for two days now so this was a great deal!

Last edited by 44C; Sep 23, 2013 at 9:16 am
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:05 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Got my bag today. FYI product code is: U421LX-7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.