Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by tobyp
Just letting everyone know how my purchase turned out. I didn't have the patience to wait until my layover in FRA so I ordered from K-D. The final price included 50 Euro for shipping and I still saved about 20%. It also arrived much quicker than expected. I ordered the case on 29 September and it arrived on 4 October.
Thanks for all of the input.

Hi Toby -

That is a remarkably rapid delivery time. I'm sure your wife will enjoy using her new Rimowa Salsa Deluxe.

Just curious but was your new case manufactured in Canada or Europe ?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just checked the case and it's made in the Czech Republic.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:53 pm

My wife's going to have to wait to enjoy the case. Her birthday is Christmas day. I've wrapped the case in a black garbage bag and put it in the rafters in garage. I hope she doesn't find it while I'm away!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hi Toby -

Personally I'm a stickler for tradition, but the rest of my family always opens the Christmas presents early.

Wives have a habit of knowing more than we think they do. I think it would be OK for your wife to take a peek whilst you are away.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:10 pm

Agreed. I really wouldn't mind. It seems like both of us are surprised only 10% of the time now days.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Placed order for 2 Rimowa pieces from KD with 10% code this weekend and got shipping confirmation today.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 pm

I just placed an order from koffer-direkt.com yesterday afternoon shipping to Seattle, didn't use any code or anything and pay using credit card and got my DHL tracking number this morning so I guess they still ship to the state.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by paullevi
Placed order for 2 Rimowa pieces from KD with 10% code this weekend and got shipping confirmation today.
Which 10% code did you use successfully?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by dtsm
Which 10% code did you use successfully?
I guess it was dumb luck, first thing that came up on google worked:

kofferdirekt0913gw
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
everything on KD appears "not available" / sold out?

Is that because of their international restrictions?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, CX SL, SPG Gold
Just to add an update, placed an order for a Salsa 77 multiwheel from koffer direkt yesterday and they shipped the order within 24 hrs. Shipping address in Hong Kong.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hkgflyer
Just to add an update, placed an order for a Salsa 77 multiwheel from koffer direkt yesterday and they shipped the order within 24 hrs. Shipping address in Hong Kong.
Please do let us know if you successfully receive the package.

My last order with KD (shipping to HK) was successful initially .... and then I received an email saying that they cannot ship to HK due to restrictions.

It would be great if they can continue shipping to HK.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, CX SL, SPG Gold
Confirmed. The suitcase arrived in Hong Kong today from Germany. Relatively quick considering the order was placed last week.

Looks like its still possible to get Rimowa direct from Germany!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:37 am

I heard that places like the USA and Hong Kong and Taiwan won't provide free warranty repairs to Koffer Direct cases shipped to Asia or the USA because Koffer Direkt is not authorized to sell into those markets. One of my friends said he trouble with this twice and now just buys from the RIMOWA stores. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:33 am

By that logic, the Rimowa 5 year product warranty would not be honoured.

That simply is not the case.

I do agree with your friend in dealing with actual Rimowa store for best results. Rimowa does provide a 5 year warranty for it's products, including Lufthansa and Porsche models of Rimowa, worldwide, wherever they are purchased.

Most of my Rimowa collection was purchased in Germany. I've had a LH Worldshop purchased Rimowa attaché serviced by a Rimowa authorized repair shop in New York for a bent frame with no problems or questions. I didn't push it off on the airline that it occurred on, as I discovered the damage after I left the airport. I only called Rimowa for a local repair listing, took it there, and it was fixed in 2 days. I still use it for business, almost 2 decades later.

Others I know from Europe have had service and repairs done by Rimowa repair shops in North and South America with a simple phone call. Quickly and effectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.