Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by elleana
Könnten Sie bitte Formulare für die Rückerstattung der Mehrwertsteuer angeben?
Thanks! This forum has been extremely helpful in buying my first Rimowa.

Everything went as described in this forum. The suitcase was shipped to my hotel in Germany, and the export forms for VAT refund were included in the shipment. Got the export forms stamped by customs at FRA airport, and mailed the form back to koffer-direkt when I returned home. Waiting for the refund to go back on the credit card now.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:39 am

Just had my third great experience with Koffer Direkt - case shipped to my hotel in Greece, request for VAT form included in the comment section (no separate email), and received the VAT refund credited to my card about three weeks after sending the form by post. I'd recommend buying Rimowa from them to anyone, particularly given the significant savings over buying in North America.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I would avoid buying from Koffer World - they screwed me over a refund, and let it drag on. Nice to know that Koffer Direct ( which I prefer to buy from but always seemed to be short on stock)
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:55 am

Electronic tag

Has anyone used the electronic tag on the Rimowa salsa? I don’t fancy those e-tags but am finding it difficult getting the salsa without the e-tag. Has anyone bought recently ftom
koffer direkt? Any discount codes?

is the 86l too large for check in luggage. I normally buy the 74l as am concerned there might be a problem.

Thank you.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: M/M
The eTag only works if you are traveling with the Lufthansa Group or EVA Air (at select locations).

I would suggest only using the eTag setting that display contact information, in case your bag is lost, not for the actual flight information.

The eTag versions are the prevalent old stock inventory due to their unpopularity in sales and limited appeal to consumers.

The 86L is the maximum check-in size permitted by most airlines' check-in restrictions before being considered "over-sized" and subject to additional fees.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I own a Limbo 74L e-tag, but have not even activated the e-tag function yet!

I like the suggestion of using it to display the contact information as that would increase the cool factor of the Rimowa case
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:57 am

Any stores willing to ship Rimowa to Canada? I've tried a bunch of German stores but none will do it. Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Just had my third great experience with Koffer Direkt - case shipped to my hotel in Greece, request for VAT form included in the comment section (no separate email), and received the VAT refund credited to my card about three weeks after sending the form by post. I'd recommend buying Rimowa from them to anyone, particularly given the significant savings over buying in North America.

Still racking my brains out on how to send the forms. I filled up section 2, got the stamp. Where do i need to send it? do i need to include a copy of my passport and the receipt? Any help would be appreciated. (I left the EU a week ago)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by majinbis
Still racking my brains out on how to send the forms. I filled up section 2, got the stamp. Where do i need to send it? do i need to include a copy of my passport and the receipt? Any help would be appreciated. (I left the EU a week ago)
You just send the stamped form back to Koffer Direkt. No other documentation is needed.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Experience Shipping to Spain + MAD airport VAT refund

Quick post of my experience here.

I shipped my bags to a hotel in Spain; they took around 5 working days to arrive.

I forgot to write in to request the VAT refund form from Koffer Direkt ahead of my departure date from the EU. Instead, I just used the receipt included in the box.

At Madrid Airport, my point of departure from the EU, I went to the VAT refund desk at Departures (which I think was staffed by customs agents?), and they told me to go to Arrivals to get a stamp. To the left of the doors that arriving passengers walk out of, there's a buzzer. You press the buzzer and a customs agent comes out. You ask for VAT refund stamps, telling them that the VAT desk sent you here, and they tell the guard patrolling the exit doors to let you in.

Once you enter the area for arriving passengers, there's a window directly to the right with a customs agent who will stamp your receipt. Kinda crazy and it took them a little while to figure out what I wanted, but I got my receipt stamped. I mailed the original stamped receipt to Koffer Direkt (they won't accept it over email), and got my VAT refund a few days later.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by nickab; Oct 26, 2019 at 7:19 pm Reason: proofreading
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:41 am

Printed copy of VAT Refund form

Hi all, I've purchased my Essential M Check In from Koffer Direkt website last weekend and awaiting delivery to my friend's place in Paris. I have forgotten to require the VAT refund form during my purchase, I've called them up yesterday morning and they have emailed the filled VAT form and instructed me to print it out and show to the custom in CDG airport to get the stamp.
I wasn't convinced as I assume we need to present the original VAT refund form with Koffer Direkt's stamping in order to obtain the stamp.
Any experience sharing on this? Does printed copy of VAT refund form works?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:31 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rikusan_23
Hi all, I've purchased my Essential M Check In from Koffer Direkt website last weekend and awaiting delivery to my friend's place in Paris. I have forgotten to require the VAT refund form during my purchase, I've called them up yesterday morning and they have emailed the filled VAT form and instructed me to print it out and show to the custom in CDG airport to get the stamp.
I wasn't convinced as I assume we need to present the original VAT refund form with Koffer Direkt's stamping in order to obtain the stamp.
Any update on this?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by rikusan_23
I second this. I just purchased my rimowa from Koffer Direkt as well. I received the VAT refund form with the stamping thru email. Will customs accept a printed copy of VAT refund form?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by h0ney13
I second this. I just purchased my rimowa from Koffer Direkt as well. I received the VAT refund form with the stamping thru email. Will customs accept a printed copy of VAT refund form?
have you received your refund?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Koffer Direkt doesn't have very many Rimowa's listed on their site anymore, did they lose the product line or updating their website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.